Prologue

"Amethyst! Room 013. Klaire needs assistance for Patient 13!" Nurse Rose yelled frantically. I made my way quickly passing through the corridors to find room 013. It's not every time Nurse Rose shouts like that but whenever she does it only means it's urgent.

I sigh when I finally found the plain looking door with a silver metal plate stating "Room 013". I scan my fingerprint as quick as possible and enter quietly. There stood a terrified looking nurse named Klaire which is also my dear best friend.

Bagong special patient kaya ito?

I thought then my eyes shifted to the man standing not so far away from her with a mischievous smile and a dangerous glint in his eyes. I stood frozen and took my time to scan Klaire's patient for today.

Raven black hair and deep blue fierce looking eyes, sharp nose, pinkish thin lips, strong defined jaws and stubbles on his chin.

How did such good-looking man end up being insane and admitted in this mental hospital?!

"And who is this little lady here?" a deep manly voice snapped me out of my thoughts. He smirks and tilted his head while looking at me.

I blink three times remembering why I am here.

"Hello! I am Nurse Amethyst. You need to eat so you can drink your medicine." I said softly. Immediately knowing the problem here after seeing the scattered food tray in the ground. Ngumiti din ako to look kind and sweet. Kasi kapag hindi ako ngumiti ay mukha daw akong mataray sabi ni Klaire na lahat nalang ay napapansin.

"You... All of you always force me to drink that stupid useless medicine! I told you I am not crazy!" he shouts with frustration. He gripped his hair and his eyes shows anger and denial. His chest huffed and his flares and give me a very angry glare.

I sigh and took a step closer slowly and look at him straight in the eye.

"This medicine is for your own good. We don't want to force you but it's just you really need this so you can feel better. Drinking this doesn't mean your crazy your just a... normal person going through a problem like everyone else is..." I trailed off and realize I really need a speech lesson for patients but shockingly it seems to work though. His posture calmed down and the room fell silent. But he holds a glare straight at me and I would lie if I say it didn't sent shiver down my spine.

Klaire's trembling hands quickly assemble the tray since it didn't spill because the food is purposely stored inside plastic containers that needs force to open the lid. Then, pop out the pills on its medicine bottle. For morning he's required to take his regular 5 medicines. 2 before he eats then the other 3 is after he ate.

I waited for Klaire to give it to him but she suddenly went to me and hand me the tray of medicine. My eyes widen but just sigh while holding the piece of metal where the last piece of keeping his sanity sits on.

I took another step closer and when he didn't flinch I took that sign to come more closer. When I have enough distance I stop and hand him a pill and a plastic bottle of water.

"I-ikaw na bahala dito Amethyst ah?" Klaire said without waiting for my reply. She dash out of the door in a second.

"Okay, another 1 then you have to eat even just a little bit okay?." I said calmly after he finished to swallow his first medicine pill. "After eating just another 3 more then pwede ka na ulit magpahinga..." I continued off.

Iaabot ko na sana sa kanya ang sunod na gamot but my hand stop ng bigla siyang ngumiti. Not a mischievous one nor happy one... It is a sad smile and his eyes show many unsaid words.

"Magpahinga...? Pwede na ako magpahinga pagkatapos ko inumin mga ito..." his voice slightly shakes at pagak siyang tumawa at umiling. "No matter how many medicines I swallow I still can't have a rest. Walang pahinga ang nangyayari sakin kahit inumin ko ang mga ito" he said and gesture the tray I'm holding.

I felt a pang of pity understanding what he wants to say. Those monsters in his head never lets him rest that even in his sleep it still haunts him. I smile a genuine one and softly sigh.

"I know what you feel... Having a chaotic mind that never let us be in peace. It was very difficult but I manage because I have a friend helping me crawl out of the darkness that once consumed me..." I pause. His eyes became emotionless as he listens staring at me intently.

"We can always get out of the darkness by making our own light but when the darkness continues to expand and trap us more and more... It is almost impossible to make our own light. Someone will be there to be your light and guide you out of the dark prison in our mind.

If you can't get yourself out... we, I am here to help you. I won't judge you because I also know what you feel. I can help bring light in your mind and with that light it will make you want to also help yourself until the light shone bright in the darkness. It will free you out of the prison, you just need a hand to guide you... And I'm always here for you."  I said with calmness inorder to bring comfort in his aching heart.

Empathy. Isa sa mga pinakamahalagang traits na kailangan sa medical field lalong lalo na sa mga may kinalaman sa mental health. Using emphatic words to the patients make them think that their not alone in their battle. Knowing that there is also someone who went through what they're suffering right now. It can also bring a sense of comfort knowing that someone is able to understand them and feel with them.

Isa sa mga rason na pinili ko ang propesyon na ito ay dahil tulad ng mga pasyente dito ay may pinagdaanan din akong traumatic experience na naranasan kung saan ilang beses na akong nagtangka sumuko sa sarili ko. Sa tuwing pipikit ang mga mata ko ay puro kadiliman lang ang nakikita ko. Puro mga ala-ala na sumira sa kaluluwa at isipan ko.

But despite the overwhelming darkness there was still a faint light I'm holding to. The faint light I desperately want to run into. But I was too drowned in the abyss of the past not until an old friend of mine came. He guided me out of the darkness. He was patient with me and endured my trauma episodes until I can handle on my own. Until I can keep the light in my mind going that's when he left. He left after helping me stand and I am forever grateful at him for such heroic thing he'd done. He inspired me to also take his step and therefore I choose to be a psychiatric nurse so I can also do what he had done.

Even if I don't stay long with patients even just a simple encouraging or emphatic words is enough to give a boost on their recovery. It can be enough to make them feel wanted and understood.

And this man standing infront of me needs a light to guide him. He have a broken soul, a nightmare he's running away from because he doesn't know how to face it. He's denying his mental sickness as he is afraid to admit it.

His eyes.

Those gorgeous deep blue eyes.

It shows how much he's suffering. How much he's tired from all the running.

But he doesn't need to run anymore. I will be here to help him and guide him. Not only does his deep blue magnetic eyes reminds me of my old friend but also because I see my once struggling self in him.

It will be difficult but the success in the end will be worth it. So, from this on I will give my best to pick up and fix the broken pieces of his soul. Finding the right piece and keeping it in the right place until he learns how to do it himself.

・・・

- Chapter 1 -

January 13, 2019

13 came and guided him to his light. Yet, 19 was there to pull him back in the darkness.