𝐭𝐞𝐧.

- 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝐭𝐞𝐧

- 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝐭𝐞𝐧.

LO'AK TOLD EVERYONE about his adventure beyond the reef the next day and each of the teens watched him with different expressions on their faces - his sisters were fascinated with his encountered with the tulkun, his older brother had a smirk, and the metkayina children seemed concerned.

"i wish i had been there. the ocean blessed you with a gift brother." kiri said dreamily, smiling at him brightly.

ao'nung shifted his position as he stood leaning against a tree causing seynna to grumble slightly as her shoulder fell from his leg, "the tulkun have not returned yet." he stated, making the forest kids turn to him, "and anyway no tulkun is ever alone."

"this one was." lo'ak insisted, "he has a missing fin. like a stump on his left side."

seynna tilted her head at her brother's words which he spoke with softness - it was clear to her that he bonded with the tulkun, she just hoped it wouldn't be a mistake.

the look at tsireya's face when she heard the description of the tulkun seemed to make the other metkayina realise what had happened, "payakan, it's payakan."

"what?" seynna asked, looking from seynna and up at ao'nung, "who's payakan?"

rotxo turned to her with a frown, "a young bull who went rogue. he is outcast, alone and he has a missing fin."

"they say he is a killer." tsireya told the boy she held affection for, placing her hand on his arm caringly.

ao'nung leaned forward looking lo'ak in the eye, "he killed na'vi and other tulkun." he added, making seynna gulp anxiously, "not here, but far to the south."

"no, he's no killer." lo'ak refused, looking at tsireya when she said his name softly.

"you're lucky to be alive."

"i'm telling you guys," he said, his voice raising as he grew agitated, "he saved my life. he's my friend."

lo'ak looked over at his sisters and seynna offered him a small smile; i believe you.

neteyam rose from his space next to o'vi reaching over grabbing lo'ak's shoulders, "my baby bro... the mighty warrior who faced a killed tulkun and lived to tell about it." he stated, teasing the younger boy, making lo'ak push him off.