Chapter 14

Harry and I headed out the car. Seeing that Harry didn't have one, we had to use mine. He told me where the best places would be and it sort of made me nervous to drive there. I mean we would be going into the shady parts of Doncaster and that alone was the scariest parts.
"You going to be okay?" He whispered and I sighed.
"Yeah... Just nervous I guess..." I whispered back. It was almost like we were scared to say anything to loud in case those people could hear us.
"It will be fine..." Harry said taking my hand in his and squeezing it. He finally told me stop by a empty park. It was just outside the shady parts of Doncaster.
"I would feel safer knowing you are here, not round there." Harry said and I took a deep breath, feeling sort of relieved.
"You okay?" He asked and I nodded but now the worry was kicking in.
"You going to be okay right?" I asked and he frowned.
"Like you are going to get back here without a scratch or bruise or just alive right?" I asked and he smiled.
"Of course Lou. I will be fine. I mean come on, look at me. I am a scary dude." He said and I rolled my eyes.
"Scary my foot. You are like a puppy!" I said and he chuckled.
"Was I a puppy when you first saw me?" He asked and my eyes widened.
"No... You scared me then." I said and he smiled.
"See, nothing to worry about okay. I will be back in a hour or so. Don't come looking for me, rather phone me." He said and I nodded slowly as he leaned over and kissed me softly.
"Take this... Just in case." He handed me something and I looked down to my hand to see a rather funny looking item. I frowned at it and pressed the button on the side, jumping seeing the knife in my hand.
"No ways." I said pushing it back towards him.
"Please Louis... It will just make me feel better." Harry said and I sighed.
"Alright." I said and watched him step out the car with his bag.
"Please stay safe!" I said and he smiled.
"Promise." He said and shut the door. He watched until I locked the car and he smiled. He raised his hand to his heart and held it there, knowing he was promising to come back and I watched as he walked off into the dark. I looked down at the knife that was now on the passenger seat and gulped. I slowly picked it up and held it in my hand. Why did he even have this? Where did he get it from? I sighed and looked around, feeling weary of the dark around me. I turned the radio on and played soft music and brought my chair down so I was lying down. Luckily my windows were dark so no one could see me in here unless they come right up to the window and look in. I examined the knife carefully in my hand, closing and opening it again and again. Running my finger tip down the blade, feeling the sharpness. It could seriously hurt someone. Then I wondered if Harry ever used it. Did he ever need to use it? I felt like I was sitting there for only few minutes when I jumped hearing a knock on the window seeing Harry there. I frowned and opened the doors and looking at my watch and frowning at time. 2 hours?
"That was quick..." I said as he shut the door.
"Really?" He asked and I nodded, as I closed the knife and handed it back to him.
"Why do you have it?" I asked as I got back into position to drive again.
"I needed it a few years ago... Dealing with people like this... You need one believe me." He said and I frowned.
"Have you ever used it?" I said turning the car around and going back the way we came.
"No... I have threatened someone with it, but never used it." He said and I sighed in silent relief.
"Did you sell it all?" I asked as we turned into town.
"Yeah. It was actually surprising how many people wanted it." He said holding up a large wad of cash in his hand but what I looked at, was the small bruise in the crook of his elbow that can't be covered by the tattoos. I turned my gaze back to the road and tried to hind the fact that I had tears in my eyes. I sighed knowing what he did.
"You okay?" He asked and I nodded, trying to hide the tears that I was pushing back but soon I had to stop the car because I couldn't see. I rested my head on the steering wheel and took deep but shaky breaths.
"Louis... What's wrong." Harry whispered placing his hand on my back.
"I knew this was a bad idea. I knew it." I muttered, wiping the tears away.
"Louis..." He trailed, pulling his arm away from me and I saw him look down and run his finger across the bruise.
"I'm sorry..." He whispered, keeping his head down. That was when I realized that it wasn't his fault. He couldn't stop it and I felt guilty for being upset about it. I got out the car then and ran round to his side, opening the door. He looked at me with wide, scared eyes as I did so but I just smiled and wrapped my arms around him tightly.
"Its okay." I whispered and all of a sudden he broke down crying.
"I couldn't help it... I couldn't stop myself..." He sobbed out but I just rubbed his back and kissed his forehead and moved him so I could sit in the car, with him on my lap. Once I knew he was calmed down and took his arm gently and brought it to my lips and kissed the bruise. It was scary that he literally injected stuff into himself moments before but I wanted to make him feel better.
"Its okay Harry..." I whispered, using my thumb and wiping the tears off his face.
"Its not. I have let you down." He said softly but that made me shake my head.
"No you have not Harry." I said sternly.
"I have! I did what you were trying not to let me do..." He said but I sighed, wrapping him tighter in my arms.
"You will never let me down Harry. You went for a long while without. I understand its hard..." I said. He tightened his grip on my shirt and tried to take deep breaths.
"Why are you so nice about it?" He asked and I smiled.
"Because I care about you..." I said but he shook his head.
"You shouldn't." He said and huffed and I smiled, placing my lips to his.
"Because I think I might love you." I said and his eyes snapped to mine.
"What?" He asked softly and I smiled.
"I think I might love you" I said and I saw him smile slightly.
"Really?" He asked and I smiled, nodding. He reached up and connected our lips again in a slow passionate kiss before pulling away and staring into my eyes.
"I think I might love you too." He said and I smiled, pressing my lips to his again. One little thing is not going to break us apart and I know he is going to go through a lot more challenges now with this job. But in the end I know we will get through this together. No point in getting upset over it, I mean he can't help it really. But I am determined to break the habit before it gets worse.