Chapter 8

After our soccer game and the kids parents came to pick them up, the four of us headed to the pizza place on the corner. We all sat down after ordering 2 pizzas between the four of us.
"So what are we doing after this?" Niall asked and I shrugged.
"I should get back... Mum will be worried..." Harry said with a dazed look and I frowned slightly.
"Yeah and we have school tomorrow so mum won't be to please if I am out all hours on a school night." Zayn said and I chuckled.
"Harry are you okay mate?" Niall asked with a frown.
"Fine." He stated simply and I saw his fist clench tightly. I panicked slightly and did the first thing I could think of and took his hand in mine. He snapped his head to look at me and I smiled slightly, getting him to release his fists.
"Its okay... breathe" I whispered as Zayn and Niall were talking.
"I need it... I crave it..." He said and his eyes were glassy.
"Take your mind off it Harry... Look at me." I said as his eyes glared at me. The pizza soon arrived at the table and Harry stared at it.
"Eat... Get your mind away from it..." I said softly, passing him a slice. He slowly reached up and took it with his left hand, keeping his right hand locked with mine. I didn't mind, as long as he could just get his mind off the craving.
"When is our next soccer practice Lou?" Zayn asked as I took a bite.
"Tomorrow after school. Will announce it in the morning." I said after swallowing.
"Great! I gotta show you this new kick I made up! It could work in the next game!" Niall said with a mouth full of food.
"Lovely..." I trailed off, pulling face. I felt Harry squeeze my hand tightly and looked at him, seeing his hand shaking slightly.
"You okay Harry? You look very pale." Zayn mentioned but I could see he was battling.
"I am honestly not feeling well..." He said softly, looking down at his pizza slice.
I kept the tight hold on his hand and rubbed his arm gently with the other one. He looked at me with a frown and I gave him a soft smile, trying to relax him.
"Maybe I should get him home guys. I will see you both tomorrow." I said, never taking my gaze away from Harry.
"Alright mate. See you both tomorrow..." Zayn said, trailing off at the end as Harry stood up rather quickly, letting go of my hand. For some reason, I was a little disappointed with that. I followed him out and he started storming away from me, but I quickly caught up to him and grabbed his arm, turning him to face me.
"Harry calm down.'' I said but he shook his head.
"I can't! I can't calm down! My body is going into overdrive if I don't do something..." He said softly, pulling away from me.
"Harry please don't. Don't do this... Let me take you home..." I said as he stared at me. He had tears in his eyes and I sighed.
"Trust me..." I whispered, holding my hand out to him. He glanced down at my hand and frowned.
"Do you trust me?" I asked waiting for his answer and I watched as he nodded slowly.
"Come on then." I said taking his hand and running to the car. We both climbed in. I started to drive back to his house and I was going through everything in my head on how to distract him from this. I was going to take him home and let him do what he wanted to do and I didn't know how I was going to stop him. I only noticed now that he still had a tight hold on my hand and it felt normal. When I pulled up into his drive way, I was expecting him to jump out and run but he just seemed to stare at the house.
"I don't want to do this..." He said softly, tears falling down his cheeks.
"Then don't do it..." I whispered turning to face him.
"I have too... I can't keep the craving down any longer..." He said opening the door and walking to the house. I took a deep breath and ran after him. Mum and Anne were still in the lounge and they looked at me with worry. I shook my head and ran up the stairs, luckily he didn't lock his door.
"Harry!" I called as I saw him standing by the desk with all the stuff he needs. He was sitting on the chair, with the needle and syringe in his hand... Like it was there all along and then I realized that my mum never cleaned it up. Probably didn't know what to do with it I guess. Next thing I heard sobbing and I snapped my gaze to Harry, who was full out sobbing now. I slowly walked up to him and took the empty syringe from his hand, watching as the powder turned to liquid. His gaze turned to me and his face was full of tears. I reached up and placed my hands on his cheeks. I used my thumb and dried his tears but there was just more to replace those. Next thing he collapsed into me, the pair of is sitting on the floor. He gripped me tightly as he cried and I just sat there with my arms around him, rubbing his back. I never realized how it effected him. Did he cry every time? He is disguised as a heartless, emo man when those tattoos hide the scars... The piercings bring him pain, to remind him that he is human. Every seemed to give up on him, when actually, all he needed was someone to be there for him. To hold him when he cried. To be there for him when he needed them the most.
"Its going to be okay..." I whispered, wrapping my arms tighter around him.
"Why are you still here?" He whimpered softly.
"Because I want to be here." I whispered, rubbing his back.
"Why do you care?" He asked and I smiled, pulling away slightly to look at him.
"Because you need to be cared for..." I whispered, watching him blink.
"Why me?" He asked again and I smiled, reaching up and wiping his tears away.
"Because I see the real you. I see through the disguise and the pain... I see the boy that I knew all those years ago. I see the boy that dug himself a hole so deep and he can't get out and I see the boy that needs help. I want to be the one to help fill that hole in and get you out of it. I want to be the one you come to for help or advice or to even talk to. I will be the one that will sit and listen to everything you want to get off your chest. I won't ever interrupt you and I will just listen and then I will be there if you ever break down and you need a hug. Harry I am here for you because I see the real you!" I whispered, keeping his face between my hands.
"I feel like I have let you down..." He whispered but I shook my head.
"Never Harry. You could never let me down." I said softly smiling. He sniffed and nodded, before standing up. He helped me up to my feet and I saw him look at the stuff on the desk.
"You are craving it aren't you?" I asked and he turned his gaze to me. His eyes were green, like a really bright green. The greenest I have ever seen in a long time.
"I am but I think I can handle it..." He said slowly as he looked at the stuff again. He walked over and got his trash can and threw everything in it.
"Come with me?" He asked and I nodded, not knowing where we were going. He took my hand in his and dragged me down the stairs. I saw the mothers stop talking and watched us as we went through the kitchen to the back door. We got into his back yard and placed the bin in the middle of the garden. He walked back into the house and I frowned, wondering what the hell he was doing. It was dark and it was slightly cold now. I wrapped my arms around myself and rubbed my bare arms.
"You cold?" He asked and he made me jump because he was so quiet.
"A little." I said and he nodded. I saw him with the box in his hands and I frowned. He put contents into the bin and my eyes widened as he threw a match into it, setting it on fire.
"What?" I asked looking at him with confusion and shock written all over my face.
"I want your help and the only the way to do that is to get rid of the problem..." He said and I smiled. A cool breeze came up and I shivered. Harry walked towards me and stood behind me, wrapping his arms tightly around me, pressing my back to his chest and for some reason I felt butterflies in my stomach.
"That better?" He asked, resting his chin on my shoulder. Now many people would think that we are a couple with the way he was holding me but to me, it just felt normal. Like what I used to do to him when we were younger. I was taller then him then, but now he is taller then me.
"Much." I whispered. I could feel him breathing and every time he through a packet of the stuff into the burning bin.
"Won't the bin melt?" I asked suddenly and I felt Harry shrug.
"Its metal so I don't know. Probably if it get any hotter..." He said and I chuckled.
"Yeah then next thing we know we will be standing here with a hose pipe and buckets of water to put the garden out." I said and he laughed loudly.
"Yeah I remember that... Mum asked me the next day why there was a massive burnt spot on the grass the next day..." He said and I chuckled.
"Yeah and you blamed me for that! I was grounded for a week!" I said turning around and facing him. He had this stupid smile on his face and I couldn't help but smile back at him.
"Boys, what are you doing?" We both jumped away and turned to see Anne standing there with raised eyebrows. Luckily it was dark because I could feel a blush creep up.
"Just burning some stuff..." Harry said lowly and I looked towards Anne and gave one small nod.
"Right, just please don't burn my grass again!" She held her finger up at us and we both burst out laughing. We both just stood there in the dark, the only light being the fire as Harry threw another bag of stuff into it. I could feel him looking at me and I turned to see him looking at me with his sparkling eyes and it sort of mesmerized me.
"What?" I asked softly, with a small smile.
"Uh... Nothing." He said and I frowned.
"No tell me." I said but he shook his head.
"Nope!" He said with a smile and I sighed.
"Fine! Don't tell me!!" I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest, like a little kid.
"You're beautiful..." I heard him mumble. I don't think I was supposed to hear him because he said it so quietly but I could feel butterflies in my stomach again.