twenty five - timing

Start from the beginning

Not wanting Harry to get the wrong idea.

Harry had spoken a brief sentence to me, and already I was thinking way into it. Into what it meant, if it meant he would be speaking to me again more often.

"That's fine, I probably should get some sleep too. Uh, is 9am fine? We like our breakfast early." He said and I laughed.

"That's fine, I'll see you then." I smiled, and we exchanged hugs, before he made his way out, saying bye to everyone else as he made his way out.

We all made the walk to our assigned cars, and before I got in mine, I glanced over at Harry, his gaze already on me, a small smile on his face. I smiled back a bit, before getting in and covering my face.

What's going on?

Niall was right on time the next morning. We sat in his car making our way to a small little restaurant he had showed me that had the best breakfast according to him.

"You know, I'm appreciative at the amount of breakfast meat in an Irish breakfast. Hanging out with Haz means eating a lot of fish and veggie options." I chuckled softly and he nodded.

"Yeah, thankful he got on that bit after the band broke up." He chuckled peeking over at me and I laughed.

When we got to the restaurant we made our way to the back, the staff waving hi at him, all greeting him with smiles and by his name.

"I'm guessing you come here often." I said as we slipped in our seats and he nodded.

"Yeah, my mum and dad love this place, we come every Sunday." He smiled taking off his jacket and I nodded.

"Ahhh, got it. What about you? I bet you got a place back home you and your parents frequent often." I froze slightly at his words. I sucked my lower lip in slight, before pushing it out.

"Ahhh? Next subject?" I shrugged and he nodded.

"Okay, touchy subject, I can move past that," he smiled, and I appreciated that he didn't pry.

"Um, but with my grams and gramps, we like this little bakery down the street from their house. We go on Sunday mornings after church. Best almond croissants." I smiled, wanting to give him something.

A waitress with a name tag of Judy came by and took our order, pinching Niall's cheek and telling him how big he's getting. I had to respectfully stifle my laugh, looking down at the menu.

"And what can I get you dear?" She smiled at me and I peeked up.

"A coffee to start please, and for my meal..." I looked up at Niall for guidance.

"Oh right, we will both get the specials. It's her first time." He smiled at both of us and I nodded.

"You're in for a treat dear! I'll bring everything out in a few." She smiled taking our menus and making her way to the back.

She was right, the meal was delicious and with how easy Niall made conversation, time flew by so quickly. I somehow finished everything, which wasn't surprising for me, but I had doubts.

"You can eat!" Niall exclaimed and I laughed.

"So I've been told." I chuckled, "So what's next in the plan?"

"Sight seeing, lots of pretty green for you to see. Little things here and there. We will end the night at a pub, get some Irish Car Bombs in ya." He smiled and I nodded.

"Sounds like a plan."

Harry's POV

I woke up feeling in a more positive mood than I had in a long while. Something about Townes not going home with Niall last night, made me feel like I needed to suck it up and just talk to her. So I found myself outside her hotel room door, knocking at it. I knocked a couple times and was surprised when the door next door opened instead, Sarah peeking out.