Check Up

Upon her arrival in the Hospital Wing, Y/n was immediately ushered behind curtains and only approved visitors were allowed in.

Unfortunately, the students grew suspicious as to why no details of her admittance were released.

Within an hour, she was the talk of the castle.

Remus sat in DADA. Two Ravenclaw's sat behind him, speculating as to why she was in the Hospital Wing.

He simply clenched his jaw and blocked them out. However, he himself had grown suspicious and worried for the Y/H/C girl as he heard the rumors.

So, that's how he found himself in the Hospital Wing during his usual study time.

He was stopped before he could reach her bedside, which caused him to worry even more.

But, he was surprised to learn that he was allowed in to see her. When he did, he was shocked.

She sat in the hospital bed. Her skin was pale and her forehead had a bandage over it, meaning that's where her injury was.

Remus sat in the chair next to her bed.

"Hi.", He smiled kindly at her.

"Hi.", She said.

They had only ever interacted a few times in class before. Mostly for projects and assignments for class, but for whatever reason she felt comfortable around him.

"I heard you were hurt. I wanted to check on you.", He admits.

She nods.

"You're the only one."

He pulls a confused look.

"How do you mean?"

"Everyone else just wants to know what happened and why it's such a big secret. You're the only one that actually cares.", She tells him as she looks down at the white sheet of the bed.

"You know that's not true, right?", He asks, growing concerned that she thinks only one person cares about her.

"I'm sure your friends-"

"Don't have any."

Remus is momentarily taken aback.

"Ok. Well, your paren-"

"Disowned.", She says simply.

He stares at her for a moment, his jaw slack.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"They disowned me last year.", She nods.

"U- Why?"

She looks around a moment before answering him.

"I came out to them, as Bi. They didn't like that."

His eyebrows knit together.

"I'm sorry. That must have been, awful."

"It was fine, I guess.", She shrugs.

"But I'm past it now. So..."

"Well, you do have four people I know for a fact care about you."

"Really? And who might that be?", She asks, genuinely curious.

"Well, me of course. James, Sirius and Lily definitely care as well."

"Really?"

"Yeah. James has been trying not to run in here all day. Lily's been pacing around every chance she gets and Sirius is acting like he's just escaped from an insane asylum."

"Isn't that normal for Sirius?"

"Yes. But, it's worse.", Remus informs her.

Her eyebrows shoot up, before she winces from the slight pain that shoots through her forehead at the action.

Remus leans slightly closer, feeling useless to help her.

"I'm fine. Momentarily forgot about...", She motions to her bandaged head.

"Um, how can he be worse?"

"Well, he's been excessively talking about you and how you are. And how pretty you are. And how much he likes you. An-"

"Wait. Wait. Wait. Sirius Black is worried? About me??!"

"Of course he is. We all are.", Remus admits, bashfully looking at his lap.

"Thank you, Remus. That really helps.", She smiles at him.

"Of course.", He smiles.

It's only then that they both realize how close they actually are. Their faces are mere inches apart.

"May I?"

She nods with a smile.

Remus leans forward connecting their lips.

He smiles into her lips as fireworks explode inside him

He smiles into her lips as fireworks explode inside him. But they all fizzle out as she abruptly pulls away, touching her lips.

"I'm so sorry. I can't do this. It's not right.", She says, with tears in her eyes.

"Ok. I'm sorry, I'll just-", He stands up.

"I'll go.", He says before practically running away.

She watches him leave, disappointed in herself. How could she let this happen? How could let herself fall in love with four different people?

It wasn't fair to any of them. She didn't even know how it had happened.

One moment she was watching them with her usual feeling's of annoyance and the next she was falling in love with them all.