Meeting the Marauders

Y/n L/n has always admired the quartet of mischievous boys that called themselves, The Marauders.

The boys were in her year, so there was never a dull moment in any of her classes. The boys personality's were clear from the get go.

James and Sirius were loud and the class-clowns, while Remus was more studious and quiet but that didn't stop him from participating in their schemes.

And Peter, was the quietest of them all. He rarely helped to aid the boys in their antics and he always seemed the odd man out. But he never let on that he was upset about their dynamic.

After five years of boisterous boys and hilariously funny pranks, Y/n finally got the chance to meet the group for herself.

It was a normal day at Hogwarts, meaning the quartet was currently being reprimanded for yet another disruptive prank.

Professor McGonagall was ruthless in dishing out the punishments this particular day.

She made Remus and James clean her entire classroom floor with no magic, and no other supplies besides a mini floor broom and dustpan.

Peter and Sirius were sentenced to the dungeons for their punishment. The boys were ordered to polish everything in sight with only a rag each.

But their acquaintance was met earlier that day, before the prank had even been properly set up.

In fact, the Y/H/C girl was approached by the boys to help assist with their prank.

As Y/n was walking past the Black Lake, she was spotted by the quartet.

"Oi! You there!", James Potter's unmistakingly loud voice called after her.

Y/n stopped and looked around, there was no one else there besides the quartet, so she acknowledged them.

"Yes you, Pretty!", Sirius's voice added on, earning him a warning shove towards the lake, from Remus.

"Can I help you?", She asked kindly.

"Yes. Would you care to assist in possibly the most memorable prank in Hogwart's history?", James asks her, as she hesitantly approaches the group.

"I'm not interested. Thank you though.", She says quickly before going to rush off. But she is cut off by Sirius.

He steps in front of her, so she can't escape. James stands behind her, and the other two boys stand on either side of her unknowingly trapping her there.

"What's your name, Princess?", Sirius asks her.

"Y/n."

"And do you have a last name to go with that, Beautiful?"

She doesn't answer just yet, so he continues.

"Or do we need to lend you one?"

Her face goes red at his teasing, but she responds nonetheless.

"L/n."

"Y/n L/n, beautiful name for a beautiful girl.", Remus speaks up from beside her. Y/n jumps a little when he speaks, not expecting his tone to be so authoritative.

"No need to worry, Love, we just wanted to introduce ourselves.", James says in a sweet tone.

"I know who you are. Everyone knows who you are."

"Is that so?"

She nods.

"You're the most popular people in the school."

"And what about you?"

"What about me?"

"Why have I never seen you around before?", Sirius asks, genuinely curious.

"Most people don't. I'm used to being ignored."

"Well, we can't have that, now can we?", James tucks a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

Her cheeks go red at his proximity, but no one comments on it, even though it is clear they all saw.

Luckily for her, Y/n was saved by the kind voice of Lily Evans.

"Who are you intimidating into helping you with a prank now?"

The boys all turn around.

"We're not intimidating her. We just asked is all.", James tells her.

Lily hums.

"Of course. That's why you're all standing around her still."

The boys suddenly all disperse, allowing the girl to walk away. She stops short though, by Lily's side.

"I'm Y/n by the way."

"I'm Lily. Sorry about them. They have no respect for others."

"It's alright. Thank you though."

"No problem. We should hang out some time."

"Y-yeah. Sounds great.", Y/n is slightly taken aback by the statement, but agrees nonetheless.

"Great.", Lily smiles at her before they part ways.