narrative~xvii

"TONIGHTS THE NIGHT!" ricky yelled excitedly as they walked through the halls.

"night for what?" kaylee asked confused.

"their bands preforming at the party tonight!" nini said excitedly.

"yep! ricky and scout have been working on some new songs and ashton asked us to preform some tonight." emily smiled brightly.

"you didn't tell me this!" kaylee exclaimed, slapping scout's shoulder.

"i wanted it to be a surprise." scout stated, glaring at emily slightly. emily simply raised her hands in defence as they made their way towards their classes.

"well now i can't wait," kaylee stated as she kissed scout's cheek. "i'll see you at lunch. bye!"

"bye babe!" scout yelled after her, cringing slightly. she saw regina standing at her locker with a sad look on her face, making scout frown before looking down and heading into her class.

"did you two finally call it quits?" ricky asked, nudging his head towards regina.

"yep." scout replied sadly, making her way to her seat. she decided to shove her earbuds into her ears, ignoring everyone around her, including ms. norbury because she was already ahead of class.

regina stared sadly at the class where scout went into, she really didn't want to end it, but with scout going out with kaylee and being too nice to break it off with her, it wasn't going to work out.

"you okay gina?" cady asked as she appeared next to her.

"uh yeah..." she lied. "actually no." she sighed out.

"what's wrong?" cady asked, tilting her head to the side.

"you ever like someone that you can't have? and it's killing you, but you know it's best for both parties?" regina asked, looking in scout's direction.

"no, but i can imagine it's horrible." cady replied, putting a sympathetic hand on regina's arm.

"it's fine, i'll get over it." regina said shaking it off.

"okay, we'll i'm going to class so i'll see you later!" cady replied before blowing regina a kiss and walking off. regina stood in the hall, breathing nervously through her nose before heading outside, deciding she didn't want to do school today. she decided to pull out her phone and text scout, just because she felt like asking her a specific question about what she'd overheard.

gina bo bina💓
are any of your new songs about me?

scout🫶🏻
maybe, why do you wanna know?

gina bo bina💓
just curious

scout🫶🏻
okay
read

regina sighed as she drove home, she really didn't want to go to the party but she also wanted to hear scout's songs. especially to hear which one, or ones were about her.

"i can't wait for y'all's preformance tonight!" karen yelled as she walked by their table. scout looked at her friends with a weird look, all of them sharing the same one.

"okay, so she's going. is regina?" kaylee asked, slight anger evident in her voice.

"i don't think so," scout mumbed, looking at everyone, who was looking at her. "why should i know?"

"you guys seem close." kaylee shot back.

"we're not." scout snapped, as she got up and left the table. yeah sure kaylee wasn't wrong, but the hurt of regina ending things again was still fresh in the brunette's mind. she knew it was wrong, but she'd had a crush on regina george from age fifteen when the blonde first started dating her brother. she never told anyone that, not even emily and ricky.