𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter sixty one. she's got us.

"Last time I worked Violence Reduction duty, I wound up chasing some tweaked out Bonnie and Clyde couple across a roof

"Last time I worked Violence Reduction duty, I wound up chasing some tweaked out Bonnie and Clyde couple across a roof." Jay says, as he and Maxine walked out of a coffee shop wearing patrol uniforms and heading to their squad car.

"Right. The ones who fell through the skylight"

"I told you that one?"

"Yeah" Max says, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Point is, we just became two more targets for them to shoot at."

"A, Platt basically made this mandatory. B, we're getting overtime. It's like a dollar a minute and she knows I need the money to save for the wedding"

"And time i'd rather spend on that walk in shower with the dual steam heads in the apartment I looked at"

Maxine chuckles and says, "uh-huh"

"Units on 21st district, we have calls of shots fired at 1129 West on Madison."

The partners get into the car and they drive off, with the sirens blaring.

"4507 squad, show us responding to shots fired. We're six blocks out" Jay says over the walkie, while Max drives to the scene

As they approach the house, they get out with their guns drawn, along with another patrol car and Jay says, "active shooter. We'll clear downstairs, you go up."

"Copy that" one of the patrolmen says.

"I need you to turn around and go back, now!" Jay shouts to the couple who were walking their dog down the sidewalk.

As they enter the house, they immediately see bodies. Maxine kneels down next to one of the victims to feel a pulse then sounds in her walkie, "squad 4507, we want an ambulance to our current location. We have multiple GSWs."

"Copy that 4507"

Max stands up, gun still drawn as she walks through the kitchen to follow after Jay, when she hears a noise and she quickly turns around, and walks back into the living room where they see a little girl standing up, rolling one of the victims off her.

"Hey. Do you live here?" Maxine asks, the girl who is covered in blood and shaking.

"It's okay" Jay says.