𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter forty three. climbing into bed.

Maxine stirs around in her sheets when she hears her phone ringing

Maxine stirs around in her sheets when she hears her phone ringing. She turns the lamp on and sees Adam's contact and looks at the time on the alarm clock and she sighs, 315 am.

"A, I love you but what the hell?"

"Hey, I'm sorry. Look, you remember that CI Conway I was telling you about?"

"Vaguely"

"Jesse Conway. I uh, busted him on aiding and abetting? Told him I'd look the other way if he could bring in the bigger fish"

"Okay"

"He calls me tonight, he says this guy, Frank, who uh, might be planning a robbery, who's looking for a wheelman"

"That's you" she says, sitting up in bed, while Maverick turns on his other side.

"That's me. We're at an after hours bar on the corner of winchester and Chicago. I called Voight but uh, he didn't pick up"

"When's the robbery?"

"Uh, Frank has not got specific just yet"

"You call the on off book so the department knows you're working?"

"No, not yet. We're just having beers, so.."

"Well, do it soon, Adam. It's important , okay? And be safe and walk away if—"

"I gotta go. I gotta go"

Maxine looks at her phone for a second then sets it on her night side table. She then looks over at her boyfriend sleeping form and smiles.

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine is standing in front of the crime scene at a restaurant called, 'Sansone's' and a jewelry store next door, waiting for Voight with a cup of coffee gripped in her right hand.

A couple minutes later, Voight walks under the crime scene tape and Max turns towards her sergeant, "I'm letting you know up front, Ruzek contacted me before this whole thing went down"

"And you told him what?"

"That's where it gets fuzzy"

"Hey, what's up Bascom?" Voight says to the detective, making him and max stop walking, "Intelligence has got this now"

"Your boy had no back up, liquor on his breath and the UCV truck was signed out in his name and I hear he didn't call it in"