𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

Start from the beginning

"How old was she?"

"I didn't check her ID, okay? I..she was holding a beer. I thought she was old enough. It was just a hookup"

Voight pushes Trey back up and walks behind the other side of the table.

"I didn't do this"

Hank and Max leave interrogation and walk back onto the bullpen when Voight says, "run that name through DMV, Secretary of State, public aid, that sickle cell registry."

"And Chicago public schools. If This Tana was underage, she was pregnant in school. I'll log a call for dropouts that match the timeline." Maxine says, walking to her desk.

"No, no, no, hang on, hang on. If you call CPS, they're gonna give you the runaround. I know a guy." Al says.

🪩🪩🪩

After Trey identifies Tana Meyer as the girl, Jay and Maxine head to the Meyer residence.

"This is a terrible story. But you have no proof that Tana is connected to any of it." Mrs Meyer says.

"The guys DNA matches the baby's, and he identified Tana as the mother from her yearbook photo." Jay states.

"He picked out a rich girl? I bet that never happens."

"We'd like to talk to her" Max says.

"She's out of the country"

"Where?"

"That's none of your business and Tana is a minor"

"Actually, according to her school record, she turned 18 a week ago." Maxine says, walking closer to Mrs Meyer, "and are you really trying to tell me that if I go up to her room, take a hairbrush, and have that hair tested for DNA, that it would not be a match for that baby?"

Mrs Meyer tries to talk over Max by saying, "you are not going.." while Mr Meyer cuts her off and says. "Deborah"

"Give them Barton Perry's information. Do it." Mrs Meyer orders her husband who takes out his cell phone, "he's our lawyer. If you have any further questions, you can call him."

"Go ahead, call your lawyer, refuse to talk. Just know that whatever it is you're hiding is gonna come back 1,000 times worse, unless you get Tana on the next flight home." Jay says.

"Ben" Mrs Meyer says, walking over to her husband. Max takes out a picture of the baby and places it on the piano for Deborah to see, "let me show you something. A dog found her in a duffle bag. She's two weeks old, and she is your granddaughter."

Mrs Meyer picks up the picture and hands it back to Max saying, "this mystery sperm donor you're talking about is lying to you, young lady."

"Sure" Maxine scoffs, then shows the picture to Mr Meyer, "look at her face" then she and Jay leave.

Maxine and Jay walk down the sidewalk to get to their car when Max says, "Mothers like that make me wish I could send Dylan a greeting card"

"There's a whole section, 'glad you weren't as bad a mom as I thought'"

"I'm gonna call Customs and homeland security, see if Tanas passport was swiped."