𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

Start from the beginning

"Maybe someone tried to sink her, but chickened out at the last minute." Al states.

"Well, this isn't some abandoned baby with the umbilical cord still attached. She had a blanket, her own pajamas. That means somebody cared for her, and I wanna know who" Voight says, "I want a doctor. I want a birth certificate. I want the parents. I wanna know what happened. And I wanna know why."

~~~

Maxine walks down the hall to find Voight watching Trey Butler through the two way mirror and says, "Sarg"

Hank walks over to the brunette and grabs the file from her hand which has the DNA result to see if he's the father of the baby, who is still alive.

Hank and Max walk into interrogation and Hank says, "you got a big problem Trey" then slides the folder in front of him, "Your DNA is a match"

Maxine sits down in front of Trey who says, "I'm telling you, that test is wrong. There's no way I have a baby"

"That test says you're lying." Voight says, leaning over the metal table, "that test is your fingerprint."

"I was in Chicago to go to the clinic. I come here every month for treatment there. That's why my phone.."

Max cuts Trey off and says, "we start calling the girls names in your contacts. they're gonna say they weren't with you?"

Hank goes over to sit on the bench behind Trey who says, "no one I was careless with, no. They would have come to me. I would know."

"How? Think back. You didn't go to a bar, a nightclub, meet up on Tinder" Maxine suggests.

"No"

"I unzipped a bag this morning. It had your 2 week old baby in it, stuck there like a piece of trash." Hank says.

"No"

"A piece of trash you hoped would wash out to sea." Hank says, then grabs the back of Butler's shirt and pins him against the railing, "you're gonna tell us what happened or I'm gonna do something I won't regret, not for one second. I don't care if it costs me my job, you are gonna talk. You understand?"

Trey struggles to breathe with Hanks hand around his throat but says, "I swear on my life, on my mother's life, I would never do this"

"Where were you 10 months ago? Last July, who were you with?" Max asks.

"July...I, uh, here in Chicago? No, no"

"What?" Voight says, with his hand still around Trey's throat, "what!"

"The blues fest. First couple days of July last year. There was a girl."

"What's her name?" Hank asks, as Max gets up and walks closer to the two.

"Tana. Tana something with an 'M'. Miller. Mailer."

"I need more than that!" Voight yells.

"I don't know. I was high. I was really high."

"What does she look like?" Max asks.

"Uh, pretty. I don't know, small. Dark haired, white." Trey stutters, "and she had a bird on her shirt. Like a school jersey. It had a hawk on it."