Rooftop Meetings

Pairing: Trent Frederic x OC x Trevor Zegras
Warning(s): Swearing, alcohol consumption, negative self-image, suggestive themes
Summary: Trent and Trevor have fallen for the same girl, Kasey Dalton, whose only interest is pouring her heart and soul into nursing school. She and Trevor both attended BU and became friends, but Trent plays for her favorite team and is less hungry for fame... who will she choose?
Music (optional): Big Boy by SZA (beginning to getting in the elevator), Slow Down by Chase Atlantic Slowed + Reverb (stepping out of the elevator to Kasey leaving Trent in the bathroom), We'll Never Have Sex by Leith Ross (crying in the elevator to the end)

Kasey's POV

rrrriiiinnnggg.... rrrrriiiiinnnnggggg..... rrrriiiiiinnnnngggg

The sound of my phone ringing pulls me out of the deep sleep I was in. I groan, of course, and snatch her phone off of the bedside table. 5:30 pm. My post-uni nap was two incredibly short hours long, and I knew I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep... especially with Hannah's missed calls flooding my screen. I call my friend back, and she picks up after a single ring.

"Kasey! I was about to drive to your apartment, what the hell! I thought you were dead or something!"
"I might be dead, honestly. You know school's been totally draining me."
"Which is exactly why I called. You need to get out and do something, Kas. You're truly a corpse right now, so... We're going to Rooftop @ Revere. Absolutely no objections."
"Hannah..."
"No, you're not getting out of this. Time to do something normal twenty-two-year-olds do, at least for a night... I'll bring a few of my dresses over and help you with makeup."
"...Argh, fine... but if I hate it, I'm leaving as soon as I want."

An excited squeal from Hannah's end is cut off as she hangs up, and I run a hand over my face. Hannah would probably weave her way through Boston's traffic and make it to my apartment in record time, but the bed felt as if it was swallowing me whole. Slowly, I drag myself out of the bed and toward my kitchen to retrieve my best friend in the whole entire world... a cup of coffee. If it can get me through nursing school, it can get me through a night at a bar. I'm leaning against the counter, listening to the sound of the coffee maker when I barely catch the sound of a notification coming from my phone. I trudge back to my bed, grab my phone and see who wants my attention. It's Trevor, of course; he's wanted my attention since we met.

Trev: Kas, do u have the notes for Mattieu's class
Kasey: No. You don't need the notes anyway, Mr. NHL Star. Don't you have sticks to be taping or something?
Trev: I always got time for u, Kassidy. Ducks and I are in Boston for the weekend, can I see u?
Kasey: Stop texting like a child... then I'll consider.
Trev: Ok ok sorry. I am younger than you, though.
Kasey: By a year.
Kasey: Anyway, Hannah's dragging me out of the house. Bringing me to Rooftop @ Revere, apparently.
Trev: See u there
Kasey: ???

The front door of my apartment swings open and Hannah lets herself inside. I knew I shouldn't have given her that key... especially when I notice the lack of clothing on her body. She looks great, of course, but the idea of myself in something similar makes me cringe.
"Coffee's done. Drink up, sista."
"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I return to the kitchen and pour myself a cup of coffee.
"Of course. You need to socialize sometimes, Miss Straight A's. You need a boyfriend, too." She smirks at me and I frown.
"I don't have time for a boyfriend, you know that."
"A fling, then!"
"Not my kind of thing." I wrinkle my nose.
"Do you still have those heels I got you for your birthday?" She asks.
"In the back of my closet, why?" She shows me the dress and I nearly choke on my coffee. Low cut, backless, and skin tight... of course.
"Hannah, red is not my color."
"It totally is." She hangs the dress over the back of a chair "I'm going to find those heels, finish that coffee asap." Before I can object, she's down the hallway. I look at the dress, hanging over the chair, and cringe at the thought of it on my body. It would totally accentuate all the parts of my body I despise... can I survive this?

"Girl, you have to wear makeup more often. Not because you need it, but because you look unbelievably good with it." Hannah says as she adds the finishing touches to my look. I tug the hem of my dress down in hopes of finding more fabric, but the front of my dress just exposes more cleavage.
"I don't know about this dress, Hannah..." I feel my cheeks heat up.
"You look so good, you have no idea. C'mon, we gotta go." Hannah's always in a rush, so I don't argue. Instead, I struggle into the ridiculous black thigh-high heels she got me for my birthday and leave the bathroom.
"Woop woop! Let's go steal the hearts of the people of Boston!" She cheers loudly, fishes her car keys from her purse, and hurries me out of my apartment "I've got your phone, here. Trevor wants your attention."
"He usually does." I sigh, ignoring the suggestive tone lacing her voice.
Trev: omw
Kasey: Yeah, me too.

Hannah herds me into the elevator that will take us up to the rooftop, and I'm unbelievably thankful that we're its only occupants.
"You got this, girlie. Honestly, you don't even have to try. Just be you, and I'll be by your side all night." Hannah grabs my hand and her unbelievably contagious excitement seeps into my skin. My heart is hammering against my ribcage; I am so not a "people person" but Hannah makes me feel safe and confident. When the elevator reaches the rooftop, we step out whilst both radiating confidence. To my surprise, the place isn't very bar-y. It's more of a cozy lounge with a bar on the side. The lights aren't overstimulating at all; they're dim and the moonlight helps light up the rooftop. Hannah gives my hand a squeeze, then lets go. I feel like a toddler left to drown in the deep end for just a moment, but I meet her hazel eyes and let out a sigh of relief.
"I could use a drink. How about you?" She smiles at me and my heart rate slows to normal.
"Yeah, me too..." She leads me to the bar and asks about the drinks they have. I'm listening at first, but then there's a presence beside me I didn't expect. The smell of cologne fills my nostrils, and my heart rate rises again. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice curly brown hair with very noticeable swoops at the base of his neck. My curiosity gets the better of me, and I look right at him... big mistake. I know that face. It's the face of a feral hockey-playing punk.
"Wait, you're Trent Frederic, right?" I say without thinking, a bit starstruck in the moment. He meets my eyes and offers a dorky grin I knew well; the chirp smile.
"Yeah, that's me. You must be a Bruins fan."
"Is it that obvious?" I ask, feeling a bit childish.
"Actually, no. The only reason I knew was that, if you weren't a Bruins fan, you probably would've cussed me out instead of just speaking to me." I smile because he's completely right.
"You got me." I shrug playfully.
"You're not here alone, are you? Miss..."
"Kasey, and no, I'm not." Hannah, right on cue, joins the conversation.
"Already making friends, Kas?" She cocks an eyebrow at me and hands me the drink she'd ordered for me.
"He's a Boston Bruin, Han. You know I'm a Bruins fan." I smile a little too big, but don't bother to stop myself.
"Oh, man." She looks at Trent "She's going to talk your ear off about shit you probably already know."
"I don't mind. She's passionate, I like that." Trent says without taking his eyes off of me. My heart is in my throat, and I can't help but feel butterflies due to the way he was looking at me... but then...