Aonung ~ Just Friends?

Mulai dari awal

(Try to imagine something like this but with beautiful tiny fish and creatures swimming inside of it. It wouldn't be as woody since this is on an island. But this would be ideally what Aonung is showing you. )

You paced around with curiosity, seeing plants you had never set your sights upon. To be somewhere so far from home but with such beauty made you truly grateful. To be able to discover something other than what you were used to. Aonung stayed quiet, letting himself sit down on a patch of grass as you looked at everything like a child in a candy store. He smiled gently, his eyes trained on you. He was delighted to see that you were enjoying yourself, he'd never say, but he was nervous you would be uninterested in coming.

As you moved your fingers through the pond of water the fish swam away letting you create trails of glowing lines.

"It is quite beautiful. How did you know about this place?"

Aonung put on a smug look, "I've lived here all of my life. There are many parts of this island that I know about."

You looked over to him, taking your eyes away from the glowing water. You watched him as his eyes laid low staring at you.

"You'll have to show me these other parts sometime then."

"I guess I will." You smiled trying to keep yourself together. It had only been a day reconciling with him and here you were. Practically wanting to frolic off into the sunset, but you couldn't help but feel guilty. He was just opening up yesterday about his feelings and from the sound of it, it was a lot on him. You didn't want to be another added trouble or in the worst scenario, a distraction.

You got carried away into your thoughts with the only thing snapping you out of it was the sound of water sloshing about. You turned to see him stepping inside peacefully.

"As a child I would run out far. It didn't matter where to me, I just wanted to see how far I could go. I'd make my ilu go far out to sea. Letting the waves be my unlikely guides. I'd make my feet run across the sands until I made it to where I saw trees. I'd wander around aimlessly until one day I found this. It was so pretty and as tempted as I was to go farther out I decided that maybe staying in one place isn't so bad. I've been coming here for a long time. I think of it as my happy place."

You listened intently, enjoying how still his voice was. You could tell that this place was very comfortable to him. Then you thought about why you were here. You had only become friends yesterday, why was he comfortable to bring you here. Without intending to you found yourself talking out of assumption.

"Do you bring every girl here?" He whipped his head towards you. Almost as if he was surprised you'd say such a thing to him.

"Well...no. Not exactly y/n." You were now a bit offended by his answer. Finding yourself grow a bit  jealous, why would he answer like that? You were hoping that he'd just say no.

"What do you mean not exactly? Am I just another girl you bring here to 'surprise' and made to feel special? If this place is so special to you then why'd you bring me here?"

You felt yourself grow small inside. You couldn't believe you had said such a thing and for no reason at that. He was just some boy who you listened to on a pier board. You felt stupid for being so defensive. He didn't owe you anything. He was...just a friend?

He frowned at you. "Y/n, I-. You are the first person I've brought here. I thought since we were friends now and the advice you shared me, it would be kind of me to share something with you. But clearly I've made you feel uncomfortable."

Feeling utterly embarrassed you grew frantic.

"No! I am not uncomfortable, just on Edge. I am grateful you have shared this with me. I shouldn't have asked you something like that in the first place."