*Time skip to next morning*

(Draco's POV)

I was rudely awoken by Crabbe and Goyle's irritating snoring. Those idiots. I checked the time to see that it was 7 AM, 'no point in trying to go back to sleep now' I got up and got dressed in my black suit that usually wore for casual attire. It was Sunday so we didn't have class today. It was around breakfast time so I was going to head down to the Great Hall for something to eat. "I wonder if Rachel's up?" I whispered to no one in particular. I knew I wasn't allowed near the girls dormitories, so the only thing to do was sit in the common room and wait for her.

(Rachel's POV)

It was currently 8:45 a.m. The only girls awake in our dormitory were me and Daphne. Thankfully pain in the ass Parkinson wasn't up yet, just maybe I could have a pest free day. I was already dressed in a pair navy blue sweat pants, and my favourite black HDYNATION hoody (A.N: pronounced Hoodie nation) I also had on my red Converse, and wore my rosary as always, which was only slightly visible under my hoodie. I brushed my long raven black hair and put it into a neat side braid that hung gently over my shoulder. I was allowed to wear casual clothes because it was Sunday and class didn't start till tomorrow. I decided I was going to head down for breakfast not before grabbing my gloves, for safety. I invited Daphne of course, but she wanted to wait for the other girls including Parkinson. Pansy thought she had the other girls all ganged up against me but secretly they were actually really kind to me. anytime they actually made rude comments or stuck with Parkinson, they always apologized afterwards when she wasn't around. Frankly I was okay with that because I knew they didn't mean it they were just scared of her which I can't blame them, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm not intimidated by those kinds of people I would've been scared of her too. So I made my way down the common room by myself, only to notice that Draco is already down there he was also alone. 'I guess Vincent and Gregory haven't woken up yet'. surprisingly he was reading a book so he hadn't noticed presence yet, and I decided to make myself known by greeting him. "Good morning Draco" I said, hoping that he was a morning person so I didn't sound too cheery. Which to my relief he didn't seem to be upset he just put down his book stood up and smiled brightly. "Good morning Rachel, would you like to go down to breakfast with me?" I didn't really have to think before I answered. it was simply a 'yes' or a 'no' and why on earth would I say 'no'. "Of course, but aren't you waiting for Vincent or Gregory?" I asked wondering why his closest buddies went with them already. but I guess guys don't always travel in groups like girls do. "Naw, they're still sleeping" He replied nonchalantly. Draco then approached me offering me an arm which I graciously took. And we made our way to the great Hall for breakfast. so far things are going pretty well.

*Time skip to the great Hall*

It was now the middle of breakfast, and most if not all students were already here enjoying the delicious food. I was sitting at the Slytherin table with Draco, eating and conversing with some of his friends, which he introduced to me as, Blaise Zabini, A dark skinned boy with chocolate brown eyes and dark hair. He was actually quite handsome. He also introduced me to Marcus Flint, he was a 6th year, and was quite tall and relatively muscular. The biggest feature on him what's his crooked teeth which gave him a sort of sinister smile, he also had coarse black hair, and shifty Grey eyes. When I say shifty I mean he constantly kept averting his attention from the conversation at hand to glance at me. I caught his gaze at one point, and he gave me a sly smirk that sent shivers up my spine. I already knew Vincent and Gregory, but to my dismay he also introduced me the one and only Pansy Parkinson. My only response to that introduction was to munch on a piece of bacon and yes I was actually eating breakfast this morning, I wanted to seem as normal as possible, and bacon was one of those human foods that I didn't seem to mind. Although the entire time our group conversed, anytime I offered input and has something to say, Pansy would stick her nose up in a disapproving attitude. And shoot daggers at me with her eyes when Draco wasn't looking. At this point it occurred to me that she was jealous of how much attention Draco gave to me. It's not my fault that he liked to talk to me. She's just going to have to get used to it. "Hey Rachel we're gonna head back to the common room are you coming?" Blaise ask questioningly. I looked over my shoulder to the Gryffindor table to see that Harry, Ron, and Hermione were all sitting there chatting and laughing. "Naw, you guys go ahead I'll catch up" I told them with a smile. After saying their 'goodbyes' and 'see you later's' and they turned to exit the great Hall, but not before Pansy latched onto Draco's arm like the little leech she is, giggling annoyingly. And just to prove her point she turned back around to glare at me, before tightening her grip around Draco's arm and sticking her nose up. It was actually quite funny because while she was doing this, she didn't notice the face Draco was making, and his attempts to shake her off of him. Anyway I made my way over to my three new friends, sitting down next to Hermione and across from Ron and Harry. I noticed a few looks that I got for some other students at the table obviously for the fact that I was Slytherin student, but I paid no mind to that. "Hello Rachel" was the first greeting I received from an overly cheery Hermione. ""Hi/Hey"" mumbled the seemingly shy Harry and Ron in unison. A slight blush tinted both their cheeks. Though Harry wasn't as quick to recover from it as Ron was. "Someone seems to be pretty good friends Malfoy" Ron spat lacing every word with venom and distaste. "I'm sorry, but how can you stand him?" Exclaimed Harry. I glanced over at Hermione see if she felt the same way. She slowly nodded her head confirming that she did. I sighed before replying, "He's not as bad as you think he is" Harry and Ron gave each other these looks that suggested they didn't believe me, before shrugging it off, and going back to their breakfast. "Anyways Rachel, I'm going to spend the day in the library, I want to know more about the school subjects before tomorrow. Care to join me?" Hermione asked happily. That actually sounded like a good idea, I didn't know much about the school or it's subjects, and at the rate that I got lost I probably should know more about it. "Sure, sounds fun to me" and with that I was lugged off to the library with Hermione, after saying a quick goodbye to Ron and Harry.