\\1//

Hey guys. I was so scared to post this so please let me know how I did.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•

4x1

Mark enters Joe's and sits at the bar next to a brunette girl.

"I'll take a beer Joe" he looks at the brunette. "Make that two" the girl looked at him.

"Smooth," she said taking a sip of her beer

"Thank you" Joe came over and handed him the drinks. He slid a beer over to her. "I'm Mark"

"I didn't ask" the girl took the beer and put money on the bar and took off.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

The next morning, Derek stood at a nurse's station, arms crossed, outside of the chief's office. Watching the chief talk to someone whose back was turned to him.

Marked walked up to Derek.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"You hear the chief hired a new attending?"

"Yeah"

Derek pointed at the office showing someone shaking Dr. Webber's hand. The person turned around revealing to be the girl Mark met last night.

Mark quickly turned around pretending to work on charts to hide his face when he saw Webber and the girl walk out.

"Wha- what are you doing?"

"SHH!"

"Ah Shepherd, Sloan meet our newest attending"

Mark slowly turned back around.

Kara's eyes slightly widened. "Mark, what a lovely surprise"

"Ha, you two know each other?" Derek couldn't control his laugh

"We met last night at the bar, where he so kindly offered me a drink"

"Well," Mark awkwardly smiled.

"Derek Shepherd, neuro. And we're going to get along great" he extended his hand.

"Kara Johnson, O.B. Looking forward to it," she said shaking his hand.

It was when the chief started going into more details with the two men that Kara started to trail off and laid eyes on an old friend. She started walking off.

"Meredith"

"Kara?"

Kara walked up to her and gave her a big hug. The girl standing next to Meredith gave them a weird look, then looked at the three men who were trying to figure out what was happening.

"I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Oh, Chistina this is Kara, Kara this is Christina, our mothers knew each other"

"Oh, how is your mom anyway?"

"Dead"

"Really? I always thought she'd live forever"

"I did too, but what are you doing here?"

Webber walked over, carrying pink scrubs.

"Dr. Grey I see you meet the new head of our OB department"

"Uh, yes, our mothers knew each other actually"

"Ah um well, why don't you change into your scrubs," Webber said.

"I'll see you around Mer" Kara took the scrubs from Dr. Webber and walked off.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-: