Chapter 33: 'Truth?'

Start from the beginning

"So it's true..." Freddy's head dropped. "My mom, my father, my brother..."

"Yes, and I'm sorry." Sun looked downward towards the floor. "You were one of the most bright children I've ever met. With your curly brown hair and blue eyes on your little round face. And let's not forget those freckles!"

Freddy stayed silent, his solemn expression still visible on his face.

"You and I played so many games that day, your energy rivaled my own! You would talk about how your mom was the best cook in the world, and how you wanted to be just like her when you grow up!" Sun reminisced with a sad chuckle. "You talked about how you wanted to be the best big brother for Joie, and of course I encouraged you to do so! But then, one moment I'm going to get some safety scissors for you, and the next thing I know you were gone."

Freddy looked up a bit, his soul hurting so much. God it hurt so much.

"I had never lost a child in the daycare before, I knew your mother hadn't picked you up because your brother was still there. Poor little guy was crying so much, and his clothes were dirty as if he fell over..." Sun stated, Freddy jolting up with a gasp.

"Oh god..." He shuddered. "I pushed him..."

"What?" Sun stood at full attention.

"I-I pushed Joie! That's why he was dirty!" Freddy stuttered out, it all coming back to him. "The moment you left, a man appeared and he was going towards him..."

"Freddy..." Sun gasped, his hand covering his mouth.

"I j-just REACTED and then, I pushed him into the ball pit!" Freddy grasped the top of his head. "And he took me instead..."

He finally understood now. Why he was here in this body today, why he was being plagued with all these memories of the life of another person. It was always him, it was always him...

"Freddy, do you have an idea of what the man looked like?" Sun questioned.

"It's really fuzzy, but all I can think of is how he covered himself from head to toe and-" Freddy's eyes widened as he stood up from his seat and began stomping away.

"Woah woah woah! Where are you going?!" Sunny called after him.

"I need to ask Arnold some questions." Freddy seethed.

"I'm not sure if I'm okay with your thought process!" Sun exclaimed as he watched him march away. "Oh dear..."

~

Arnold was sitting away from everyone else when he saw Freddy coming over towards him. Confused with the demeanor coming off of him, he rose a brow and stood up.

"Freddy? What's going on with you-"

"What do you know?" He growled.

"What?"

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MY BROTHER'S DEATH?!" Freddy roared, making the man jump.

"Freddy, please, just listen...!" Arnold held his hands up in defense.

"YOU KNOW SOMETHING, I KNOW YOU DO!" The animatronic bear persisted.

"Freddy, hang on, I'm trying to help!-"

"IF YOU'RE TRYING TO HELP, THEN WHY ARE YOU HIDING THE TRUTH?! ARE YOU THAT WORRIED THAT YOUR REPUTATION IS GOING TO HELL IF YOU DON'T?!"

"Please!-"

"WHAT IS KEEPING YOU FROM TELLING US WHAT HAPPENED?!" The bear exclaimed, his mood becoming more and more hostile with each passing second.