"You tryna creep up on niggas KNOWIN I'm clumsy" she hit the side of my head.

"Ow stop" I rolled my eyes as I rubbed my head.

"I thought I said not to wait for me" she randomly became serious.

"You really thought I was gone let you walk to school by ya self?" I shook my head in disbelief.

"No, I jus thought- never mind" she went to the drink aisle.

"What ma" I followed.

"Nun" she said blandly as she grabbed a sprite.

"Baby" I put my arm around her waist.

"Dd nope" She pushed me softly.

"Come on you said we'd talk once we get back to school. Here we are" I told her.

"Technically we are at the Deli, not school. So, I don't have to say shit." She gave me a slick smile.

I groaned as she went back to the cashier and paid.

"Thank you, guy who took rocks place, see you soon!" she stuck her fist out for a fist bump and he walked away.

"Niggas be bugging Worda bro" she popped her neck back as she walked out.

It fell quiet as we crossed the street. It was an uncomfortable silence.

"Are we still... ya know" I started.

"We weren't dating." she snapped as politely as she could.

"Excuse me?" I was confused.

"You never asked me out which means I'm a free agent." she gave me a 🤨 look as if she was confused too.

"No that's not how it works. YOU ARE MY GIRL. You acted like we were in a relationship." I denied.

She didn't say anything.

"What are we" I grabbed her arm and turned her towards me.

"Dd, I don't know" she whispered as she looked down. Defeated.

"Baby I wanna be with you. You know that." I spoke. Very clear.

"Nigga of course I know that shit you wouldn't stop blowing me up bout it" she rolled her eyes.

"So then what's stopping you" I questioned softly.

"Ddot is. I still... love him. He was my first real relationship man I can't jus get over it in a week or two. Shi I might not get over it at all" she looked at me with watery eyes.

"He don't treat you right the fuck you mean you still want em!!!" I yelled.

"See now this is why I avoided you" she scoffed as she walked away.

"Ma-" I called out.

She flipped me off and walked into the school. Leaving me behind.

"Ouch" I said to myself.

JADA GREEN

I walked to my locker pissed off.

"BAE" Jakobe jumped onto my back.

"AWH SHIT" I fell.

"Damn I'm that fat" he lifted up his shirt and pressed on his stomach.

"Help me up" I gave him a 😒 look.

He grabbed my hand and yanked me up.

"Where's everyone else?" I looked around.