Ch. 5

JADA GREEN

Harlem, NY

11:43am

I was on my way to lunch when Notti ran up to me. He put his arm around my shoulder with the biggest smile.

"BIG JAYYYY" he screeched in my ear.

"What Notti?" I asked laughing.

"I gotta a question" he clicked his tongue as we walked past the gym.

"Go ahead" I pulled my phone out and took a picture of us as we skipped through the hallway.

"You know the fall dance that's coming up in a week?? Well I'm kinda tryna make dis hoe jealous and I was wondering if you would go as my date??" he had a nervous look on his face.

"I mean I would but yk Ddot-" he cut me off.

"I'll talk to him. It wouldn't be a problem I swear" he threw his hands up in defense.

"Notti are you positive? Ian tryna have no beef wit nobody kid" I told him.

He nodded yes as he held the lunchroom doors open.

"Then fine, I'll go wit you" I cheesed as we split ways to sit at two different tables.

"Y'ALL GUESS WHAT!!!" I yelled as I sat down next to Breeze. Tay was in front of us.

"We don't give a fuck" Tay snapped.

"Bitch- what's yo problem??" I raised a brow.

"Yk that girl Maya?? He asked ha to the dance, and she rejected him. Said he was a lil hoe" she shook her head in disbelief.

"A LIL WHAT?! aint nobody gone talk to ma twin like dat" I stood up and walked across the lunchroom where maya was sitting behing Ddot.

"Aye maya" I tapped her shoulder.

"Huh?? Who you?" she looked me up and down as she turned around.

"I'm Tay sis. Ion appreciate you calling him a hoe cause das one thing he not. You couldve let him down in private but chu wanna look cute in front of ya nasty ass friends" I rolled my eyes.

"Girl back the hell up ion want dat boy so I rejected him." she said with attitude.

Breeze was standing next to me when Maya's friend said "She want Dd das why".

Breeze hit my arm. Her friend noticed and started running her mouth.

"You want him or sum?? Y'all I think she want Dd" she said his name hella loud making Ddot and the boys snap their necks towards us.

"I heard ma name" Dd replied.

Ddot grabbed my arm and pushed me to the side softly so he could see better.

"Ma what's happenin?" he questioned.

"Dis smooch wanna put disrespect on tay name like I won't get active" I admitted. Tay was now behind Breeze trying to stop us from starting something.

"And did. What you gone do bout it" she stood up in my face.

"Girl yo breath kicking back up" I plugged my nose as Breeze threw water on her face.

"DAMN" Dd said on accident.

"BREEZY WHAT THE HELL" Tay yelled as he had a slick smile creeping on his face.

"Whoops. I slipped" Breeze snickered.

"Oh yeah I like dat" Dd tried to whisper. Everyone obviously heard him.