Stefan came at her quickly while she was off guard, keeping Damon's arm pinned, and threw her off of Damon and to the other side of the room, (left of the fireplace). As Hope came at him, Stefan yelled, "Elena, RUN!" Stefan was slammed into the table on the right side of the room. He reached his arm to the side to grab a few pieces of broken wood.

The vampire vamped up to his feet and used vamp speed to throw the wood pieces at Hope. She caught one and dodged the other, then vamped towards Stefan, but Damon intervened after snapping his arm back in place. He slammed himself and Hope to the ground. In which she ended up forcing the stake meant for Stefan into Damon's leg.

While they continued fighting, Elena ran. Instead of going out the front door to an open yard where she could easily be found and targeted, she came up with a better idea. She made it downstairs to the cellar where she saw a desiccated Elijah with a dagger in his heart.

Elena slid to her knees beside him, out of breath. She hesitated as she grabbed the dagger, but when she looked towards where the sound of Stefan screaming came from, she instantly pulled it out.

She stared at Elijah, waiting for his desiccation to fade away. The original's skin slowly turned to a very pale white. As soon as the last bit of grey was gone, Elijah instantly woke up in a gasp for air. He lifted his back from the ground with his arms, still gasping for air. He looked at Elena with widened eyes then vamped to his feet, "I can't- I can't breathe." He vamped towards the opening out of the cellar, but a barrier blocked him. The threshold of the house he wasn't invited in malfunctioned because he was in it with no invitation. "I can't be in this house--," he said to Elena, out of breath.

Elena held his arms, looking back in forth. She was debating whether to invite him in until she realized she had no other choice. "Come in," she looked the original in his eyes and invited him in. She gulped.

Elijah finally caught his breath, and when he did, he immediately looked at Elena with betrayal. The doppelgänger's heart was racing, "Elijah, please." Elena pleaded without explanation, assuming he heard the fight upstairs and knew what she meant. He looked at her, and Elena knew what he wanted. She handed the original vampire the dagger that could be used against him as sign of trust.

Elijah grabbed the dagger slowly, still keeping the scary look of betrayal as he stared at Elena. He put it inside his burned suit, which he had no clue what had happened for it to be in its crippled state. After looking at Elena's scared face for a moment, Elijah vamped upstairs.

Hope got a hold of Stefan and pushed him into Damon, who charged at her with the stake she had stabbed into his leg. When they both hit the ground, Hope picked up one of the many pieces of wood off the floor. Stefan quickly stood up before Damon, and Hope vamped with the stake she grabbed, aiming for Stefan's heart.

Out of nowhere, someone grabbed her arm and stood between her and Stefan. Hope saw the face and froze in shock. Her eye's widened, "Elijah..." The original vampire tossed the stake out of her hand. He vamped over to the wall beside the fireplace and pinned her to it.

Elena came running from the cellar, and both Damon and Stefan looked at her, upset. Damon stood up next to his brother, then looked back at the original choking the vampire who single handedly tossed him and his brother around with hardly a struggle.

"So good, you know me," Elijah said calmy. "Would you care so much to tell me what you want with the Salvatore brothers?" He squinted his eyes as he locked eye contact with Hope.

"You can't compel me," the tribrid simply stated.

"Well, I suppose not... So, unless you are ready to take back your humanity, I would suggest you answer my question," Elijah threatened. Hope looked Elijah in the eyes with no verbal reply. Damon rolled his eyes at the analyzation, and Elena and Stefan were shocked.