𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

Start from the beginning

"You got it?" Voight asks Antonio. Dawson takes out his phone to see a message from Olivia and looks at the screenshot and says, "south loop. Around sixteenth and Indiana"

"That's near your house" Voight says to Maxine.

Maxine sighed and said, "that doesn't mean anything"

"Maxine.."

"Hank" Platt says, stopping at the door frame of Voights office, "Burgess and Roman just made notification of a triple homicide all in one apartment building, a fourth woman hanging on. All female. All nurses. This sounds like your guy"

"Fin and I are on the next flight out" Liv says before Hank closes his laptop.

"You ride with me" Hank tells his daughter. Maxine goes to grab her coat and puts her phone to her ear to call Maverick.

"Hey baby"

"Hi. I need you to do me a huge favor"

"Okay?"

"Stay out of the house until we catch Yates. Just stay at your club or something. I don't need you getting hurt...or worse"

"Yeah, okay. Whatever you want"

"I love you, Mav"

"I love you too, Maxine"

🪩🪩🪩

"A meter reader called it in" Burgess tells Hank, Maxine, Erin and Jay as she leads them to the crime scene, "he knocks, and the door pushed opened to this. Uh, best we can figure, the first victim opened the door, he pushed in and knocked her down"

"Hmm. What's this?" Voight questions, pointing to the floor where the blood is smeared and a piece of the victim's scalp was lauded out.

"pieces of scalp covered with partial hair. So he must have dragged her. And there is, uh, multiple dents in the floor where he slammed her into it"

"Roommate was in the shower?" Jay asks.

"Tub. We think the first victim threw a vase to warn her friend, but too late. She must have heard her friend, got out of the tub, and locked the door" Burgess informs them.

Maxine takes another look at the first victim and sighs.

"Hank, you're gonna wanna see this" Al says.

Hank tells Erin and Jay to stay with the first two vics as he and Maxine follow Al. Jay and Erin walked towards the bathroom where the second victim is followed by Kim.

"He broke the door down, slammed her into the wall in several places" Burgess states, "there is defensive bruising on her arms, multiple lacerations on her knuckles. She put up a good fight"

Jay feels the water and says, "it's still warm"

"The roommates on the way to med. this one must not have heard anything downstairs. Back doors open" Roman says, as Al, Hank and Maxine walk into the room, "we think he heard the meter reader and bolted before he could finish off the roomate"