Choosing Ceremony

Great. I'm a divergent, I didn't even know they existed. I walk down the street with my mother, she seemed happy and confident, that made my decision even harder. I noticed Tris walking with her brother, I smile and wave at her, she just gives my a half smile and walks away.

As I'm walking down the street in a crowd of many factions someone bumps into me, "Oops sorry-" he turns to face me.

"Oh hey Stiff, good luck up there, I'm sure you will pick Abnegation, you know...the safe choice" Peter says smirking. I scoff and walk to my chair in the choosing room. I notice Tris and her family talking to Jeanine, weird, she was talking but she was using her "Smart attitude" face, she uses it when she doesn't like someone.

Her brother Caleb looks up at me and seems happy to see me. I've always loved Caleb, he was so fun to hang out with, he was one of my closest friends. When Jeanine walks away Caleb runs up to me and hugs me so tight that he lifts me off the ground.

"Hey! It's been so long how are you?" He smiles.
"Well as good as I can be, how are you?" I ask,
"Nervous, what are you going to pick?" He asks crossing his arms.

I stay silent and look at the choices on the stage and look at the ground. He could tell I wasn't sure what I was going to pick and he let out a sigh. "Yeah me too, just pick what you feel is the best choice for you" he says putting his hands on my shoulders, I noticed Tris walking up to her spot with her parents, she glanced at me and sat down, I sighed and looked to the ground.

"I know you guys aren't as close anymore, but I can tell she still wants to be your friend," he says smiling at me, "Thanks Caleb, you should probably sit with your family now, it's about to start" I say with a sigh, "Yeah I know, it was great to see you, good luck" he smiles and walks away.

I sit back down and wait for it to start whilst nervously tapping my foot.

"When we leave this room, you will no longer be dependents but full-fledged members of our society. Faction before blood."

"Faction before blood." We repeat.

"Jonathan Ziegler." Marcus calls up. The boy walks up confidently and cuts his hand choosing his faction. "Erudite." The crowd applauds. They continue to call people up to the stand but I wasn't really paying attention.

"Caleb Prior" Marcus calls out, I suddenly snap back and watch Caleb walk up to the stand. He cuts his hand and holds it over a Erudite. The crowd applauses, and I look over at Tris and her family, they seem shocked and then Tris's name is called out.

She slowly walks down to the stand and slices, a hand she hesitate. At first, she seems to hold it over application, but then she changed her mind and picks her faction. "Dauntless" The dauntless team scream in excitement I guess she really did pick Dauntless like we said as kids.

"Ophelia Delacour" I pause, I hear my heart pounding, as I slowly walk up to the stage I stare at the options, I pick up the blade and slowly cut my hand. Ouch, something clicks in me and I hold my hand over Dauntless. Again, the crowd cheers and I walk over to the Dauntless seats.

The only available seat was next to Tris, I sit down in silence, we didn't know what to say to eachother, until I finally spoke up. "Congrats, I'm glad you went for the faction you truely wanted" I fiddle with my hands nervous about what she will say,

"You too, and I hope we can be friends again, with this new faction" I smile and nod at her.

☆꧁༒❤︎︎༒꧂☆

We started running down the streets, I didn't know where we were going, but I didn't care. I finally felt free. They started climbing poles up to the railway tracks. I wasn't very strong, I can barely lift two milk cartons, let alone, pull myself up onto train tracks.

When I finally get onto the railway, I stumble over, thankfully someone caught me, "jeez Stiff, you just love falling into my arms don't you?" He says smugly, I was known as a clumsy person, which sounds cliche but my ankles always gave out,

"Oh yes how I love being close to you skinny little arms" I sarcastically say. He scoffs,
"Bigger then your chicken arms at least" and says flexing his arms. I roll my eyes and look down the tracks waiting for the train.

A train approaches and i follow as everyone starts running along side it. Some start jumping onto the train. I grab a handle, but I can't think of a good way to swing my body up. I probably look so dumb. Peter chuckles and holds an arm out. I grab it and he pulls me in, pretty easily which is surprising.

"Wow Stiff, your like my damsel In distress"
"Yeah you wish" I mumble with a tone. I notice a Candor girl sitting next to Tris and I decided to sit next to them.

Love To Hate You- Peter Hayesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें