Chapter 2

<<[Fated Encounter]>>

2.1: One For All

After my encounter and "chat" with All Might, he asked me to meet with him at Takoba Park, and I agreed. I wore a black long-sleeve shirt, black pants with a belt strap that held the Hestia Knife, a red jacket tied around my waist concealing the weapon, and red slip-on shoes. I then proceeded to leave the house and made my way to the park. After about thirty minutes, I reached the park and met up with All Might, on the park's beachside, I saw how the beach was covered in trash.

"Ah, Young Midoriya, you came." He said in a happy tone.

"Well, I did promise to tell you everything I know," I replied.

"Yes, now let's get down to business, talk." All Might said, with more seriousness in his voice.

"Very well, let me explain the truth behind my powers, for one, I was born Quirkless," I said, causing All Might's eyes to widen in surprise. "Do you remember the name, Bell Cranel?" I asked.

"Yes, Bell Cranel, The Hero That Ended The Age Of Gods, and The Last Argonaut. Why do you ask?" He asked.

"Throughout time, there was the cycle of reincarnation, and that's where I come in. I'm the reincarnation of Bell Cranel, as he is also my ancestor." I stated. "Bell Cranel's spirit spoke to me within my mindscape, he merged his soul with mine, hence my appearance and abilities," I explained.

"What do you mean by appearance?" All Might asked.

"Me and Izumi are twins, with the only difference being my hair appearing darker than hers," I explained. "And after our meeting, my hair turned snow-white, as my eyes turned ruby-red," I said, as I reached into my pocket took out a photo, and showed it to All Might, he looked at the picture and saw that I wasn't lying.

"I see, tell me, did he also tell you about me?" He asked.

"Yes, but only the basics like One For All, All For One, and him being your arch-nemesis, the rest was left for me to figure out," I said.

"I see... Young Midoriya, you told me if I gave this Quirk to an already Quirked successor, due to the amount of power it has gathered, they'd die in a year." He said.

"Correct, your best chances of gaining a successor, is if they are Quirkless, like how you used to be," I confirmed, causing his eyes to widen.

"You knew I used to be Quirkless?" He asked in shock.

"It wasn't that hard to figure out, considering what All For One does to some who already have a Quirk," I explained.

"Ah, I see, fair point. At any rate, before I make my decision, may I ask you one more question." All Might said, with a more serious expression.

"Go for it," I responded.

"To you, what does it mean to be a hero?"

I smiled at the question, and raised his head, remembering Bell's encouraging words. "Not just anyone can be called a Hero... It isn't a title someone gains, for bearing a sword or carrying a shield, and it has nothing to do with abilities or strength. A Hero is someone willing to risk his life for the people he loves." I answered, causing All Might's signature smile to return. "That is what I believe a Hero is."

"In that case, Young Midoriya, will you become my successor?" All Might asked.

"I accept," I replied. "By the way, to better explain my power, think of it as a Skill Tree, as time goes on, I will gain or unlock new abilities," I explained.