dreams

(note: this story takes place in chicago and in your pov)

i always dreamt about this man. brown-blonde hair,, hair covering his eye,, those icy blue eyes, handsome too. i never thought this boy was real. my dreams were little dates, one day we had a picnic, another we were at the beach. he was a gentleman, despite him being very... closed off. i always stop at the places that i see in my dreams, the exact same day, hoping to see him there, but he's never there.

i think he's real but... he's not. it's obvious.

it was springtime, and last night i saw him in my dreams. in this dream, we were at the chicago riverwalk, it wasn't that crowded too. i decided to head downtown to see if he was there.

as i drove towards the riverwalk, i admire the sights, the exact same sights i saw with this boy. it felt different admiring it without this boy. i'm a fool for thinking of this, but, whatever.

next thing you know i'm at the steps to head down to the riverwalk. there's a boy there that caught my eye, but since it was pretty crowded, i thought less of it.

i start to walk towards him and the river, i realize his face starts to look familiar. is it.. the boy from your dreams? the one you told your friends about? i need to wake up.

he turns his head, and notices me looking into the river and having glimpses at him. his eyes started to light up, as if he had the same dreams as me.

"excuse me.. you look like this person in my dreams. EXACTLY like them." the boy exclaimed.

"you look like you were in my dreams too..." i reply. "i'm pretty sure i had a date with you here."

he starts to smile,"i went to every spot we went to in our dreams, and i had no luck. now, youre right in front of me, in my eyes."

i started to blush and what came with it was a smile.

"i did the same, i thought you didn't exist, yet, i found you? can you please pinch me??" i asked.

he then pinched me, and sure enough, it's reality.

he's real.