𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈

Emma was not a particularly nimble dater. She struggled with dating and forming lasting connections primarily because she sought to maintain her distance from other people. Regina, though, appeared capable of doing it effortlessly. Emma made the decision to ignore her doubts. She merely went with the flow since she was certain that if she initiated it, the situation would turn out poorly. Regina was courteous and charming and the blonde was basically all over her.

Although as she rested in the mayor's office, she still had several issues to resolve. Well, not several. Just one. Ruby. Even while the waitress was not preventing them from spending time together, that was now. Imagine if everything were altered. Getting it out of her chest was all she needed to do.

"So exactly how does your arrangement with Ruby work out? Does she require your constant presence? Do you have to stay up all night to keep her secured? I thought we could watch a movie tonight, so I'm asking," Emma stated. Although she was cognizant that Regina needed to feed and she herself couldn't yet offer her blood, she wasn't thrilled that Ruby was. She was also uncertain of what it meant to the vampire. While claiming there was nothing between her and Ruby, she once defined the situation as being highly intimate.

"Do you feel envious?" Regina smirked.

"I don't feel envious..." Emma pouted, "I just wanted to get away and spend some time with you." In the hopes that they would spend the whole day together, she had brought lunch to the mayor's workplace. There was no requirement to work tomorrow since it was Friday.

"We are currently enjoying lunch. Together," Regina teased.

Through clenched teeth, Emma responded, "Fine," and then she resumed eating. Regina was anticipating a response or at least a confrontation from the blonde, but all she received was silence. She wasn't in need of supernatural abilities to figure out that Emma was distressed about something.

"Emma, tonight we can watch a movie. Ruby and I joined yesterday. You don't need to be concerned about my end of our bargain. I don't have to be there every single day since I am always able to sense when something is off. That's when I must go and check on her but I am not her guarding dog," she giggled.

Emma swallowed her final mouthful of food and then replied, "Okay."

Sighing, Regina rose from her chair. She approached Emma before offering her a lingering kiss. The blonde was melting against her, she could feel it. She kissed her lips while teasing them with the tip of her tongue and when Emma granted her access, she retreated, much to blonde's displeasure.

"What will we watch tonight?" Regina inquired as she kissed the corner of Emma's lips.

Emma admitted, "I haven't really thought about it yet." She continued to remain in astonishment of the fact she was dating a vampire. Even while it still frightened her, she would have been all over Regina from the beginning provided she weren't a vampire. She argued that rejecting the brunette merely due to circumstances she had no control over would be inequitable to her. And so here they were, kissing in the office while making their plans for the night ahead.

"No?" Regina smirked and carried on with her ministrations. Emma was becoming lost in those luscious lips. There was no need for a film if it was up to her. The Mayor retreated as Emma whimpered. She winked and stated, "You still have a couple of hours to ruminate about it," leaving Emma gasping for air once she stood up. They really ought to refrain from making out in her offices.

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶

Due to Emma's claim that the Mayor owned a bigger TV, they made the decision to gather at Regina's mansion. Regina was conscious of the fact that Emma was visiting for the very first time. Since the blonde recognized the place thoroughly and was able to feel more secured there, they frequently ended up at Emma's. Regardless of whether she never explicitly stated it.