Chapter 2

Thanking you for your patience while sending you so much hugs for the great support.

You know how I love your comments so go... and read the author's notes 🫣🫶🏻

Eda's POV

I remained anchored in his gaze, which returned to me as soon as he realized what had just happened.

Serkan Bolat's fiery eyes pierced me and I understood from then on that all the vain attempts of that day to leave those eyes outside of my life had been completely useless.

"Serkan, I... I didn't want to slap you. I, well, I'm not like that. I don't know what got into me, I just..."

I stuttered, wondering where my gibberish was going.

Serkan dropped his gaze from my eyes to my lips and I noticed that for a moment he stopped on my lower lip, which was trembling from the tension between him and me.

"It'll be really fun working with you, Eda Yildiz."

Serkan swallowed, hinting at a smile immediately while I stood for a moment staring at his lips that had moved to let out my name which seemed more beautiful when pronounced by him.

I looked at his face changing from an expression of wonder at my slap to one of... oh, I didn't know what it was.

But I knew that expression of his could make the chills slide down my body as if the snow was around me.

Instead, I felt the fire burning in me.

Serkan moved slightly, letting go of my hand so that I had not realized that it was still woven into his, and I immediately felt a void between my fingers.

"You... you're a danger to me, Eda."

I loved how my name came out, once again, from his lips with a deep, husky voice.

Then, I realized what he actually said.

"What do you mean?"

I shifted my weight from one leg to another and twisted my arms in front of me, unwittingly giving a wide view of my breast to Serkan as his eyes sailed over every inch of my body.

"You're a danger to me, and I won't let you blow my balance."

The hard look of him, becoming rigid and devoid of emotions, struck me directly in my eyes and I opened my lips slightly with wonder: I could not read what Serkan Bolat's gaze had written in itself at that moment. And I wanted to understand this man.

Plucked by the courage that my last drink had infused into my veins, I looked up and tried to align it with his despite our height difference.

"Know your place, Bolat. And I'll know mine."

I whispered with my teeth clenched.

"You better, Yildiz."

And after one last intense look, Serkan let his shoulder brush mine before leaving me in that hallway alone, returning to the dance floor.

I breathed a strong sigh, trying to appear completely undisturbed by what had just happened with Serkan Bolat and I also returned to my new friends to continue the night.

Finishing to arrange the things in my handbag as before my unpleasant encounter, I didn't notice that in front of me fell a solid chest against which I went to slam, backing back a few steps for the embarrassment.

"Oh excuse me! I'm so distracted!"

Two big green pupils scoured my body accompanied by a reassuring smile: however, that green did not transmit any thrill comparable to the sparks that a single look of Serkan Bolat could leave on my body.