Chapter 17/ A visit to Shadow Claw

I feel awful, this chapter is miniscule. Sorry guys, I am just super swamped. IMPORTANT AN AT THE END :3

"So this is your mate, Abela!" My mother cooed, her long curly blonde hair held in a loose ponytail at the back of her neck.

                "Yes, mother, father, this is my mate Nathan. Nathan this is my mother and father." I introduced them, though they already somewhat knew each other as most pack leaders know the other packs leaders next of kin.

                "Pleasure to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Snow." Nathan was polite and put his hand out to shake my parent's hands.

                "Please, call me Lilith." My mother hated being called Mrs. Snow, not because she didn't like the name but simply because it sounded too formal.

                "Thank you Lilith, you know you have raised an extraordinary daughter, she is beautiful." Nathan said and I blushed.

                "Thank you Nathan, I know you will take good care of her." My father smiled, he wasn't scary at all. A kind and soft face and he wasn't all that tall either.

                After our breakfast Nathan and I opted to drive to his pack, and since I wasn't sure how to get there I gave him the keys. My light blue jeep wasn't sitting alone here it normally did, instead it was flanked with a shimmering, black Charger. I stared at Nathan.

                "This... this is yours?" I asked, flabbergasted by the sheer sexiness of his car. Sure I had known he drove to school, but I never paid attention to what in, he was always there before me.

                "She's my baby." He nodded, I put my keys back in my purse.

                "I understand why." I had always wanted a muscle car, but had opted for the more versatile Jeep when I bought my car.

                "She runs like a dream, purrs like a kitten." He was staring at it equally as much as I was. "Got her for my birthday."

                "I am so jealous." I cried, running to touch the leather seats. I ran my hand against the hot black leather and metallic surface of the car. Nathan was watching me oogle his vehicle.

                "This is seriously my dream." He sighed, looking dazed at the car and I.

                "What do you mean?"

                "Have a hot girlfriend to call my own, standing in front of my awesome car. You're like a girl straight out of those 'girls and cars' calendars you get at the weird fill in shops before something better comes in." Nathan coos, looking me up and down.

                "Don't say that!! My parents could hear!" I cry out at him. I laugh at the thought of me being a model. I am way too short for that job. 5'2 doesn't really fit the job description of a model.

                "Just get in the car cupcake, we are going for a drive!" I easily jumped in his car, top down and seats singeing my butt on the hot leather.

                The drive there included my hair flying everywhere, my bag nearly jumping out of the car due to Nathans inability to bypass a pothole, and Nathan nearly hitting a toad that jumped into the road as we passed by a swamp. The whole drive lasted no more than a half hour, though I was almost sure Nathan was going double the speed he should have been. I would be too though if I had the vehicle he did. As we reached the edge of his pack Nathan slowed the car down and turned into a small dirt road on the left side of the main road. A blink-and-you-miss-it sort of turn off that I would have missed by a mile.  

                "Welcome to my home, cupcake." Nathan grinned broadly as he slowed the car to a halt in front of a large Victorian mansion. The light blue siding was the colour of blue-bells in the spring, or cotton candy. The roof was a creamy white with grey edging. The same grey brick decorated the porch, and stairs to the magnificent white doors. My house was grand, without a doubt, but his was a castle, fit for royalty.

                "It is beautiful." I sat in awe, Nathan has already hopped out of his car and opened my door for me. I unbuckled and got up, grabbing his hand as he led me up to the door.

                He led me over a small stream, koi fish bubbling in the clear water. The clapping of my shoes hitting the stone path was accompanied by the whispering of a breeze through the trees, singing of birds and the humming of wind chimes in the garden. A bumbling bee buzzed through the copious amounts of colourful flowers, and a humming bird sucked nectar from a large pink rhododendron bush. I was in my heaven here at his small palace, and I wasn't sure I could ever leave this slice of fantasy.

                I hoped to one day call this place my home.

                Sorry for the short chapter y'all, but I am ULTRA busy with interviews, so I wanted to give you something before I am too swamped to do anything at all. If you want to it would mean a lot to me if you check out my new story Brandished!

                Synopsis:

Centuries ago a small town named Fable Springs was cursed by a witch with power no other could match. When nothing changed for decades, people began to wonder what exactly this curse she had promised was. Until a fourth generation original townsperson was born. A small tattoo branded on the back of her right shoulder. It was a swirly coat of arms, with a name written in small script underneath, but even though the font was tiny on her soft new born skin, you could make out what it said. Snow White

Then came Prince Andrew, then Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Prince Eric, The Beast, Beauty, Prince Charming, Rapunzel, Prince Philip, Robin Hood, Maid Marian and Prince Flynn. Each and every one branded with the same tattoo on the same shoulder. Each born to a separate family, the unease grew in the small town. The children had a sheltered life, parents trying desperately to break them from their curse. Then Rapunzel was taken, and Robin Hood disappeared into the woods. Sleeping Beauty was hidden in the woods, Snow White ran away, and Ariel lost her voice. Cinderella's father died leaving her alone.

Desperate to escape their brandished futures, the cursed children band together to find the witch and take her out, to break their curse and take back their lives. But what will happen when their fairy tales start taking a darker turn?

                If this interest you at all, go check it out, it would mean so much! Comment telling me what you think J

                Don't forget to comment, vote and share y'all, thanks for reading J