Chapter 13/ Boyfriend is a big word

I have spent the last little while texting Nathan, who had to stay home doing pack stuff for when he announces me as his future Luna/ Mate to his pack. Of course, I had to stay home also to plan the night where I tell my pack about my mate. Besides my school and parents, hardly anyone knows about my mate. The only reason my school knows is because word travels fast and we found each other there. Otherwise word would have stayed pretty quiet until we made the announcement.

                It is not like I mind really, it keeps grabby idiots away from my mate, but in reality having all eyes on me gives me the heebie-jeebies. Something I will have to get over being future Luna of Shadow Claw.

                Nathan: How’s my favorite girl doing on all that nasty paperwork?

                I pick up my phone, texting back.

                Abela: I am so bored, and how is my favorite guy doing on his?

                Nathan: Almost done, can’t believe it though.

                Abela: If you can get away from all the work when you’re done you should come over and help me with mine.

                Nathan: I can always make time for you, cupcake ;)

                Abela: Then it is settled ;) when will you be over?

                Nathan: Hmmm… well it’s 11, I will be there maybe quarter after noon?

                Abela: That sounds great, I will make lunch. What do you want?

                Nathan: Doesn’t matter, I am not picky. I will see you soon cupcake :*

                Abela: See you soon cutie :*

                I put down my cellphone and pick up my pen, figuring I could get a little more done before 11:30, and then go down to make lunch for us.  I tap my pen against my bottom lip, sighing and running my hand through my hair. I am not feeling this whole paper work thing. All I have to do is plan a huge party for my whole pack, which shouldn’t be that hard. Except that with a pack of around 1500 werewolves it was nearly impossible to sort out how much food we will need, where we will get all the wine and other drinks from. It is a long and headache inducing process.

                I put my pen down after deciding on the three wines I want there, and go to my closet to put on something that looks cute for my mate. I choose a simple pair of slightly shiny tight leggings, and pull an elephant flowy tank-top on that shows a little bit of my toned stomach. My hair is down, reaching where my shirt and pants leave a little line of skin on my back.

                By the time I leave my room it is 11:27, meaning I have more than enough to cook us an amazing lunch. I pull some beef from my fridge and put it in some warm water that I filled the sink with to thaw it. While it is thawing I squeeze fresh lemonade, adding lots of sugar and water to dilute the pure lemon juice. I turn on my barbeque on my deck through the French glass doors off the side of my kitchen.

                I pull the now thawed meat from it’s package and knead it in a bowl. Adding spices, and then forming a few burgers. I go out to the patio, the warm air wrapping around my body. I put the burgers on the grill and flip them from time to time. When they are done I go inside and put them on two toasted buns that had put on the grill also.