Chapter 4

Elizabeth panicked when Rachel was missing for a few days. She panicked even more when she wasn't picking up her phone. After all of the failed attempts of the phone calls, she paced around the living room thinking where Rachel could've escaped to. Elizabeth went to the bookshelf to see if a certain book was still in its place.

Her face went pale when it wasn't there. After thrashing the house with no avail of the missing content, she opened the door to Rachel's room. Elizabeth threw everything out of its place when she finally found what she was looking for; her revenge folder. She knew where Rachel was escaping to.

~~~~~~~

After driving a few hours, Carter thought it would be best to stop at a motel for the night. Settling in their room, Rachel went into the bathroom to change into pajamas. Coming out of the bathroom, she noticed Carter changed while she was in there and fell right asleep. She went into her bed and said good night to Carter even though he wouldn't be able to hear it.

~~~~~~~

It was morning and Carter was nowhere to be found. For being alone most of her life, Rachel became more cautious with her surroundings. She is very cautious at the moment since Carter left her alone in the motel room. Carter left a note writing that he will be back in a few minutes yet he's been gone for at least an hour.

She heard a key card opening the door. She took the frying pan off the stove ready to face whoever was opening the door. Rachel hid behind the counter with only her eyes peeking out and the frying pan raised high.

"Blondie what are you doing with the frying pan?"

Her eyes snapped up to him when was the one opening the door. Also surprised by the new nickname he gave her.

"Um I thought it was an intruder" she blushed as she put the frying pan down.

"You thought I was an intruder and your choice of defense is a pan?"

"Hey its not my fault that I'm very cautious. And for your information, a pan can really knock someone out if you hit really hard."

"Right."

"Anyway where did you go that lasted about an hour instead of few minutes?"

He raised the bag she failed to notice before. "Getting breakfast."

They sat down and ate at the little table they had in their room.

"After breakfast I got to teach you better ways to protect yourself."