Chapter 2

Rachel was bored in the house while her mother was out doing errands. She went downstairs to go towards the bookshelf . The book she opened wasn't a book at all. It was filled with newspaper articles from years ago about an accident, kidnap, and a missing person flyer. She was curious why her mother had these. Rachel went back upstairs and sat down in her computer chairs.

She decided to read the article about the accident. There was a fire in a restaurant that most people didn't survive. One person in the list was a CEO. Rachel found out that the CEO was mother's husband. After reading that article, she looked at the kidnap statement. It was weird to her that the kidnapped person had the same name as her but with a different last name and the kidnap was just a day after the accident.

She found it unusual even more when she looked at the missing person flyer that the baby looked similar to baby pictures of her. The she noticed one word written on the back of the newspaper . REVENGE. Rachel pieced everything together.

She was kidnapped. Taken away from her parents by Elizabeth Prezelin who is actually Elizabeth Vernizzi who she thought was her mom just for revenge. Rachel found that this was the moment to have the chance to finally escape. She was going to find her parents and hopefully reunite with them.

Rachel heard the front door open. She quickly stuffed the papers into her desk. She grabbed a book to pretend that she was reading. Rachel looked up when her bedroom door opened to see the woman that she was thought was her mother standing with a bag in her hands.

"I bought you more canvasses and paint."

Rachel faked a smile. "That's great. Thanks."

"Dinner would be ready soon."

~~~~~~

After school, Rachel was in the art room working on her painting. She didn't think that someone else would be in the school. Rachel got up and peeked out the door to see who was still here. Her eyes widened when the person was no other than Carter Lansky.

Everyone knew he got into a lot of trouble. He's the type of person you don't get involved with. Carter was standing near the door with a cell phone to his ear. Rachel leaned in just a bit to hear what he was saying.

"Are we all set ti rob the jewelry store?" Rachel gasped, but realized she was bit too loud. She covered her mouth and tried to blend into the wall.

"Hold on. I think I heard something. I will call you back."

Rachel heard footsteps coming near. She hoped Carter would just peek in and realize there was no one here. Just her luck, Carter walks in and looks around. When he noticed her by the wall, he narrowed his eyes.

"Did you hear my plans?"

"Um......I uh..... maybe" Rachel stuttered not looking into Carter's eyes.

"Are you going do something about it and tell someone?" Rachel noticed how he is so much closer to her now. She gulped.

"I have a deal for you."

"Go on."

"Well you take me where I need to go in order for me to keep my mouth shut about your plans involving robbing the jewelry store. Deal?" Rachel sticks out her hand. Carter looks at her hand skeptically then shakes her hand.

"Deal."

Rachel felt electricity run through her when their hands connected. She wonders what that was about.