Chapter 13

"Glad that you two finally showed up! Especially you, Aether!"

"First off, rude." Paimon shook her head as she felt offended. "Second off, don't get your expectations up. Aether here is different from before."

"Different from before? What do you mean—"

"Zzz..."

...

...

...

"That's what I mean..." Paimon lazily pointed at her sleeping companion who was knocked out immediately once they were invited inside and sat down. "I'll explain for the five hundredth time now!"

"Has... Has this happened before?" Yoimiya blinks with concern at Paimon who looks to be moping around.

"Paimon is tired of explaining but regardless, Paimon must." Paimon lifelessly stared. "But since Paimon is nice, I will accept food for a price!"

-~-

"Haha, wow! You never fail to amaze me Aether!"

"It's not funny."

"Kinda." Yoimiya snickered at the info dump thrown at her as she looked over the two traveling companions. "How sweet that you're saying goodbye to everyone, I'm just happy to see that you didn't forget about me!"

"Kinda hard to forget when you're the firework lunatic." Aether quipped. "Also that one time you and Klee nearly caused a forest fire."

"It was an accident I swear!"

Aether and Paimon looked at one another with doubt.

"You know, when someone is lying, they're supposed to be good at it." Paimon pointed out.

"Ouch! Since when did you get so mean?"

"We've been through a lot as you can see..." Aether chuckled lowly as he rested his elbows against the table. "We were told you wanted to see us as well. It's a good thing you were our next destination. So, what is it that you wanted to show us? Fireworks perhaps?"

"Ha?! How did you know?!" Yoimiya staggered back in shock. "W-Wait! Did becoming lazy give you psychic powers?!" She widened her eyes and put up a thoughtful pose.

"First off, I'm not lazy, just listless. Second off, your specialty is fireworks... I would expect fireworks are something you wished to show us." Aether pointed out bluntly. "Also I'm pretty sure that the way people are setting up stands and decorations shows that there's gonna be a firework festival. Am I wrong?

"No...you're not." Yoimiya sulked as she slumped over with a sigh, being figured out ruins the fun and the surprise. She waited quite some time for this moment too. "Waa...now I don't even feel like showing you the firework festival we were gonna have." She slumps over and rests her chin on the table depressingly.

"This is your fault Paimon." Aether looked at his flying companion.

"How's it my fault?!" Paimon's brows furrowed as she glared at her friend.

"It's not. Tis called a joke." Aether said with a blank gaze.

"..." Both Yoimiya and Paimon stared at the blonde unamused.

"It seems you guys don't like my jokes... I'm hurt." Why are people so mean these days? He closed his eyes and sulked onto the table ready to go asleep.

"No sleeping. You've slept enough! Besides Yoimiya is eager to show us the firework festival happening today right?"

"Not really... What's the point now?" Yoimiya said depressingly.