𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

Beginne am Anfang

"Yeah"

"Where's the cash"

"Why?"

"Look, hand it over, we can forget the whole thing...or I could throw you on top of the hood, throw the cuffs, take you in for drunk driving"

"No, I-" Maxine scoffs, then takes out her winnings and hands them over to the officer. As the officer goes to walk away, the Intelligence team rolls up and gets out of their cars with their guns drawn.

"Drop the gun!" Max shouts, pointing her gun at the officer.

"Patrolman, drop the gun, or I drop you" Antonio shouts. Then when the officer gets on his knees, Atwater goes to pat him down and then cuff him, "Officer Watkins, huh? You're a disgrace to the uniform and you're under arrest. Pretty sure you know the rest of the speech.

Jay walks over to his partner, putting his coat over her shoulders and asks, "You good?"

"Yeah. I guess I was just hoping it wasn't true" Max says, then looks at her partner, "How's your face? I didn't hit you hard, did I?"

Jay chuckles and says, "I'm good"

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine looks over at her best friend, who was just standing at his locker, so she walks over to him and leans on the lockers next to him. "What's going with you? Why have you been so quiet?"

"Um—I um...Kim gave the ring back"

"Oh A" she said, putting her hand on his arm, "I'm sorry. I thought you guys were great together. I might not have liked her at first but she's a great girl and cop"

"Yeah" Adam said, then looked down at her hand to see a ring, "he finally did it?"

Maxine looked at her ring then back up at her best friend, "you knew?"

"I helped him pick out the ring"

Maxine goes to bring her brother into a hug, "I love you so much, A. Thank you"

Flashback
3 days ago

Maverick took a deep breath and walked back over to the detective, grabbing her hands, "you doing this means that you would do anything for us to be together"

"I would. I love you, Mav. So much that it hurts when I'm not with you"

Maverick cups her left cheek, caressing her cheek with his thumb, "I am absolutely and incredibly in love with you, Maxine and I would go to the ends of the earth to protect you from everything" then he gets on one knee, and opens the small box to show a Diamond ring and Maxine practically gasped, "the day that we met, I was instantly hooked on you. I had to know you. I felt this connection with you that I've never felt with anyone else and I'm so lucky that you choose me to give your heart too. Will you marry me, princess?"

"Yes. A thousand times yes"

Maverick stood up and slid the ring onto her finger, and brought his fiancé into a kiss. Maxine pushes him onto the bed and straddles his lap, taking off her shirt and throws it somewhere onto the floor.