My eyes narrow and I feel that twinge in my stomach again, but this time it's heavier and goes on for longer as my vision flicks between Rosé and this guy; but I supposed that she's my best friend. She's allowed to flirt with a customer and I just support her in whatever she does, even if this guy is like ancient.

So forcing my eyes away, I look back to the coffee I still haven't made and shoot a fake smile to the impatient customer waiting for it.

Because whether or not Rosé's flirting with this guy, it's none of my business.

And so I just ignore it.

***

When the guy's order comes through, I pick up the cup and scowl at it for about thirty seconds before Rosé looks to me with a quizzical expression.

I just blink out of it, letting my hands work robotically to fulfill the order and when I'm finished, I turn to the little table where I dispense the order and find the guy grinning at me. I can't help that my natural reaction is to snarl, but I still try to make it as subtle as possible and carelessly slide his coffee over to him and offer the fakest smile I know how to summon, but he doesn't falter and grins back, thanking me before he walks out the store.

Why am I so bothered by him?

***

I don't talk to Rosé for the rest of my shift.

She attempts to make small talk with me but I'm just not in the mood and I only grunt or make a noise of acknowledgment back whenever she asks me a question. I don't know why, because this is totally not how I used to treat her when we two were 'just friends,' but I just can't stop myself. I just don't really get how Rosé can tell me last night that she likes me, and then today be all over some fucking customer who admittedly, did have the smile of an aangel

It's just bothering me, or so I think, because one second she says something and the next she's doing something else, and it's like, how am I supposed to know if she was telling me the truth? I mean, I know she wouldn't lie about liking me because that would be pointless, but clearly she didn't like me that much if she can go and so obviously flirt with a guy in front of me not even twelve hours after our conversation.

In fact, I guess it was probably good that I don't have some unspoken deep love for her because if I did, she could've just seriously hurt me.

It's lucky I don't even like her because seeing her flirt with George Clooney after telling me she liked me would've seriously pissed me off or sent me into some rant about how she could do that.

So yeah, it's lucky I don't.

***

Later that night, I get a text from Jisoo inviting me over to dinner since Stella's with Haein for the night.

I head on over, taking a bottle of wine and my purse and when you get there, Rosé opens the door. I smile at her, a little shocked that she's here but really, why didn't I think she'd be there anyway? She steps aside and I walk in, and it's all good; I don't feel (that) awkward and Jisoo's already serving dinner which means I'm not going to be hungry for long and I've brought my favorite bottle of wine so yeah, nothing to complain about.

"So," I start, swallowing my mouthful of pasta. "How was your date with the crip?"

Jisoo looks to me but shrugs. "It was alright," she says and I frown. I thought she was excited.

"Just alright?" Rosé chimes in, sipping on her wine.

Jisoo nods again. "Yeah," she sighs. "I think we're better as friends, though. There wasn't really any chemistry."