Chapter 58 - Alligator

909 words

____

Y/Ns POV

I dreaded going downstairs, Eclipse was still asleep, but I needed to get up. I walked downstairs, and Charlie and DJ were sitting at the kitchen table, talking. There was a black box on the table that I don't remember being there yesterday. I sat down on the couch, trying to avoid Charlie. Him and DJ were whispering, so I couldn't tell what they were saying. DJ headed upstairs, and I heard his door close. Now I was alone with Charlie. He got up, sitting down on the couch a few feet away. I avoided eye contact. He seemed to act casual, like nothing was wrong.

-"Morning, Y/N."

How was he acting so chill? I looked down more, maybe he'd get the sense to leave me alone.

-"Something wrong?"

Did he seriously just ask that?

-"Yes, somethings wrong! You walked in on me and Eclipse last night, and now you're acting like nothing happened!"

Charlie frowned.

-"Look, I'm sorry, but you shouldn't be so embarrassed about it, its no different to me than if I walked in and you were with a human."

-"It's just really freaking embarrassing!"

-"Y/N, it's normal. If you want me to forget about it, then I will."

He snapped his fingers.

-"There, now, what were we talking about?"

-".. Nothing."

Charlie smiled, then got up.

-"I gotta go talk to Eclipse for a minute, stay down here."

He went over to the kitchen table, grabbing the black box and going upstairs. When he came back downstairs, Sun was following him as well as DJ. Charlie no longer held the black box.

-"Alright, everyone in the car."

Charlie started going to the door, gesturing me to follow.

-"Where are we going?"

-"You'll see."

I got up, putting my shoes on. All four of us went out to the car. Charlie starting driving down the long, empty road. We were far away from other houses and stores. Sun was sitting in the front seat, and I was in the back with DJ. Charlie drove out to his house, and as we were walking inside, Sun covered my eyes in his hands.

-"Hey-"

-"It's a surprise, Sunshine."

I wanted to see, I didn't like not being able to see what was around me. But now I felt safe about it. Safe because it was his hands covering my face, him pressed against my back as we walked. We stopped after a minute.

-"Ready?"

Sun took his hand away from my face, letting me see again. As I opened my eyes, I saw a familiar shade of green. My eyes widened, and he smiled at me.

-"Hey there, little gator."

I ran up to Monty, hugging him tightly. He hugged me back, picking me up off my feet. He swung me around, tightening his hug.

-"Miss me?"

I nodded, smiling as tears flowed from my eyes.

-"I thought I'd never see you again.."

-"That dumb fire couldn't stop this dynamic duo!"

I smiled, laughing a bit. I didn't care about the past anymore, he was here, we were back together. Charlie spoke up.

-"I hope that third room upstairs is still vacant, cause guess who's coming home with you."

My smile grew wider and I looked at Charlie, giving him a 'thank you' look. We all got back in the car, Sun remained in the front seat, and Monty sat in the back with me and DJ. Me and Monty were talking, joking, laughing, and all that on the ride home. Sun reached for my hand on took it, holding it for the rest of the ride. Once we got home, I showed Monty to his room, telling him where everyone else's rooms were.

-"So, your 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 with them?"

He smirked and perked his eyebrows. I punched his arm.

-"Shut up!"

I let go of Suns hand, going into Monty's room with him, we closed the door and sat down, and Monty continued to tease me.

Suns POV

Y/N let go of my hand and went to hang out with that gator. I pulled my hand to my chest, frowning. Charlie stood next to me.

-"Don't worry, his novelty will wear off soon enough."

I grew concerned and looked down at him.

-"Did me and Moons 'novelty' wear off..?"

Charlie stuffed his hands in his pockets, shrugging.

-"In a way, yes, but that shouldn't change anything."

𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵. Not 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵. I clenched my fists. He was not going to replace us.

Y/Ns POV

I don't know how long me and Monty were talking, but it was dark out now. We were still talking, when the door opened, and Moon stepped in, wearing his hoodie.

-"Y/N, you should really go to bed."

I looked over at Moon.

-"It's not that late."

His face grew concerned, and a little bit angry.

-"It's 12 in the morning."

-"Oh."

He stepped in the room, walking over to me and kneeling down. He glared at Monty, then pulled me into a kiss. He took my hand, pulling away. He led me out of the room, I waved goodnight to Monty, then Moon slammed the door. Why was he so aggressive? We walked into my room, and I layed down on the bed. I closed my eyes, and Moon layed down on the other side, pulling me into a hug, my back against his chest. I slowly drifted off to sleep as he hummed.

____

Jealous much