Chapter 12 - They Hate Me

1803 words

I don't have ideas but I'm trying to get something out today

___

I was awoken by someone shaking me. I refused to open my eyes, pulling the blanket over my head. I heard a 'hm' and the shaking stopped. I heard footsteps walk away. I started falling back asleep, but then I heard running towards the bed. I felt something hit the end of the mattress heavily, and I flew into the air.

-"AH! I'M UP!"

I landed back on the bed, looking at the cause of my surprise flight. Sun was smiling at me.

-"Morning Sunshine!"

-"You little- couldn't you have woken me up a different way that didn't make me go up in the air?"

-"Well, I tried, but you pulled the blanket over your head!"

Sun finally got a good look at me, and put his hand over his mouth, failing to stifle a laugh. I looked around, panicked.

-"H-huh?! What?!"

Sun struggled to talk through his giggles.

-"S-Sunshine! Your hair!"

I grabbed a small mirror from my backpack, looking at my hair with it. It was a complete mess! I groaned, annoyed and embarrassed and put my hoodie on, making it hide my head. Sun frowned.

-"Oh, no, Sunshine, come here.."

He grabbed me and placed me in his lap, facing away from him. He pulled my hood off my head and I felt a brush run through my hair. He was brushing my hair like I was a little kid! I tried to get up, but he pulled me back into his lap, continuing to brush my hair.

-"Nope!"

I sighed and gave up fighting, letting him brush my hair. I felt my hair getting pulled and something wrapping around it. Finally he let go of me, handing me my mirror.

I looked in it, looking at my hair. It was nicely brushed, and at the back of my head, there was a small bow that was half of Sun's pants pattern and half of Moon's pants pattern. (Who said bows had to be strictly feminine? My they/them Y/N here got a sun and moon themed bow)

-"Wow."

-"Do you not like it? I can take it out! Oh please don't be mad-"

-"Sunny, calm down! I love it, honest."

I smiled up at him, and his worried frown also turned to a smile. He hugged me, making me drop the mirror. I hugged him back this time. I felt him start heating up.

-"Sunny?"

-"Yeah?"

-"You're heating up.. A lot."

He let go of me, looking away nervously.

-"Oh uh- I am? Must be a malfunction! I'll get it checked out later!"

He picked me up, walking to the balcony. He held me tight, what was he doing? Suddenly he jumped. I barely processed what was going on, but started screaming and held onto him, pressing my head against his chest. I felt both of us falling into the ball pit, and I stopped screaming, but I still didn't open my eyes, shaking as I held onto his chest.

-"Sunshine?"

-"Don't do that.. Please.. Don't do that ever again.."

My voice trembled with fear and adrenaline.

-"Oh no! I'm sorry, I didn't think you would be that scared!"

He hugged me, patting my head. I felt him get up from the ball pit, and walk. He stopped walking, and I opened my eyes, seeing that he was just standing near the desk, watching the ball pit with me in his arms. This felt good, I layed my head on his shoulder, and I heard his rays start spinning. After a few moments I felt burning, he was overheating a lot. I took my head away from his shoulder.