Chapter Nine | What's Hidden Below

I spent the night at Barns's place. We slept in his bed just like when I got beaten up, and he patched me up. Even though I was suspicious of him, I slept like a baby. There was something about being in his arms and snuggled into his chest. It felt so strange to think he was doing shady stuff, yet still trust him. To suspect he has been involved in the disappearances, but feel safe with him. I was so conflicted, but I knew I couldn't just stand by and do nothing.

When I opened my eyes, golden sunlight filtered through the curtains. "Good morning, sweetheart." He said in his attractive morning voice. "Good morning." I replied with a small smile. He smiled softly in return before gently tightening his arms around me. "Did you sleep well?" He asked, and I said yes. "What about you?" I asked, and he said the same. "Would you like to have breakfast in bed?" He asked curiously after a few moments of cuddling.

"Sure. I'm too comfortable to get out of bed just yet." I said, and his smile grew. He reached over and grabbed an old school phone. "What would you like to have?" He asked me curiously as he dialed a number. I thought for a moment before answering. "Chocolate chip pancakes and coffee." I replied. When someone answered his call, he told the person what we wanted to eat. "Come here." He said after hanging up the phone. He wrapped his arms around me, and peppered my face with soft kisses.

I giggled and smiled in response. Eventually he stopped kissing my face so he could kiss my lips. The kiss was so gentle and soft. My body had the same reaction it did when we first kissed. I was still shy, but he didn't seem to mind. When we broke the kiss for air I felt myself blush. He bit his bottom lip slightly and smiled as his eyes studied my face. A moment later our lips were connected again. We kept kissing until there was a knock on the door.

I blushed when he slowly got out of bed. He was only wearing underwear. When he glanced back at me and saw my reaction, he smirked slightly. Then he walked over to the bedroom door. A staff member gave him the food he asked for over the phone. Then he returned to the bed. I sat up and the two of us ate breakfast together. "I have a few meetings to attend to today, but you can stay here as long as you want." He said once we finished breakfast.

"Oh." Said with slight disappointment in my voice. "I know. I'd give anything to stay in bed and cuddle all day. Maybe we can do that later. I cancelled all of my lessons anyway." He said before kissing my forehead. "That sounds okay to me." I replied with a smile, and he smiled back. He kissed my lips before getting out of bed again. I watched him as he walked into the bathroom. I laid there and snuggled into the soft bed and blankets. I wondered what his meetings were going to be about.

When Barns returned he had slightly damp hair. He was dressed in a red leather jacket and baseball pants. He wasn't wearing a shirt under the jacket. He also had his signature white boots on. "I'll see you around three o'clock. If you aren't here I'll try and find you." He said before turning to look at me. "Okay." I replied with a small smile. He walked over and kissed my forehead. "Have a lovely day my pretty sugar sailor." He said, winking at me.

I smiled and giggle softly. A big smile spread across his face from my reaction. Then he kissed my lips before leaving the bedroom. I laid in bed for a few more minutes before getting up. I threw away the trash from breakfast. Then I took a shower before getting dressed for the day. Once again, Barns must have had someone pick up my clothes from my cabin. I was grateful for that. 'What should I do with my free time?' I wondered curiously. I kinda snooped around Barns's room a little.

There wasn't anything there that told me any information about the camp. Then I thought about the cellar. I quietly left the bedroom and found the cellar door. I slowly opened it and quietly walked down the spiral staircase. Edison style lights lit the stairwell. Without them I would have been shrouded in darkness. I strained my ears to make sure no one was down there. When I reached the bottom of the steps, I was shocked at what I saw.