Chapter 12 - Olive Wants to Fight a Clock

I wake up early again. Today's the day. I get to meet Heather's kids.

"I'm totally amped for today, Jarvis," I say to the place I've decided he lives in my wall.

"What for, Olive?" He asks, "Dr. Banner didn't make breakfast this morning."

"I don't give a rat's ass who is making breakfast, Jarvis," I speak to the wall, "I get to see Heather's kids today!"

"I am immensely sorry to inform you, but that is happening tomorrow,"

I groan in frustration, throwing myself back onto my bed, "You got to be shitting me, man,"

"As I said, I'm sorry to inform you,"

"No way, I swear it was today,"

"The clock has today's date if you don't believe me,"

I check the clock. Jarvis is right. The clock did nothing wrong, but I wanted to fight it, "Stupid clock," I disappointedly grumble.

I go downstairs to eat after a while. I get dressed. Honestly, I wasn't totally paying attention.

"You alright, Olive?" I hear as I enter the kitchen, I look up to see Bruce, "Steve's breakfast wasn't that nasty, was it?"

"I didn't eat any," I respond as I jump on the counter to reach the top shelf. I wasn't tall enough, and I'm not even short, "I didn't feel up to the risk. Also, dude, it would be totally radical if you could pass me a stool."

"Uh, I'm not sure that's safe, Olive. What are you trying to get? I can grab it for you," He says, quickly walking towards me. He stops abruptly, "Can't you use your magic to get what you need?"

I stop and turn around, looking at my friend, "I totally knew that. I was making sure you knew that,"

"Yeah, I'm sure," He says sarcastically.

"Bite me," I jump off the counter. Bruce wasn't a huge fan of that, "Sorry, didn't mean to spook you."

"No, it's alright," He tells me with a small smile.

I get the box I was trying to grab down. Still working on finishing those Lucky Charms. I pour my cereal into a large bowl and start eating it silently.

"What's up, Olive?" Bruce asks, looking concerned, "You're usually more lively. Bad sleep?"

"Yeah, poor sleep, that's all,"

Bruce nods in response. Then, Tony walks in, "Hey, dumbass, what's up?" He asks seeing me, "Oh, hey, Bruce, how's it going?"

I shrug. Bruce gives a response, but I didn't hear it.

"No response, Olive?" Tony asks, concerned, "You alright?"

"Tired,"

"Sleep well tonight. Big day tomorrow,"

Bruce looks confused, "What's happening tomorrow?"

"Seeing my best friend's family,"

Bruce nods, "Not looking forward to it?"

"I am,"

He gives another nod, then mumbles a goodbye and leaves.

Tony turns to look at me, uncrossing his arms, "So, what's up? Something is bothering you. I can tell,"

"Yeah, I'm not exactly subtle,"

He laughs softly, "That's nothing new," He tells me, "So, what is up? And don't say 'the roof, thankfully'."

"The roof, unfortunatly," I joke, "No, I had my days mixed up. I thought today was the day."

"You're so stupid,"