THIRTY FIVE - Miss You

AUGUST, 1975

Furniture had been placed, the whole house was finally situated.

It had been weeks since she'd first moved to Berlin, her car had finally been shipped to her new place, along with the remnants of things that had taken a bit longer to get there.

Her favorite part was her bedroom.

It was gorgeous, natural light coming from the windows that she refused to close, shining perfectly on her plants and bed in gorgeous rays. The potted plants hanging from the ceiling, her book shelf that sat in the corner of the room, the top half of shelves full of books and the bottom half full of records.

She had incense lit on top of one of the shelves, right next to an old picture of her and her parents. The pictures she'd put up was her favorite part. She'd put a bunch on some of the shelves, some taken on old disposables, others taken on proper cameras.

Her favorite was a photo Mick had taken of her, John, David, and Keith all barely fitting on a sofa together while she drunkenly talked about God knows what. David was the only one who was actually listening, the rest of their attention was drifted off to someplace else.

Under the bed she had a stack of five tote bags, four pairs of clogs, and two sweaters-- the things she couldn't find room for. She took a tote bag and a pair of clogs from under the bed and went to the closet to find a change of clothes, changing into them for an interview she had scheduled. It was the first one she was doing since she'd moved to Berlin.

She had a lot to do ever since she'd moved. She was looking for a new team, a new band, a new assistant. She figured, if Leila had the time, she could produce her stuff, but neither of them knew for sure.

When she finally got ready, she packed several different things in her bag before leaving. A change of clothes, a hairbrush, red nail polish, a notebook, two pens, and a pair of sandals. She would change clothes and slip into the sandals when she got to the recording studio after her interview.

She locked the door on her way out the house, driving to the place the interview was meant to take place and finally arrived through the back doors.

It was live on television, she wasn't too late, but she hadn't gotten there when she was meant to be. Everyone's attention immediately turned to her, everyone sighing in relief as she took off her sunglasses and stuck them in her tote bag, laying it down on a table that sat in front of a sofa in the corner.

Most of the backstage team were speaking among themselves in German, she had yet to find an assistant that would have the connections to find her a tutor in the language. It had been so long since she learned it in school, she couldn't remember what she needed to.

"You go on in ten." A woman with blond hair and a heavy German accent told her.

Mari nodded, moving over to where she'd put her bag and sitting on the sofa in front of it, laying her bag in her lap and pulling out the red nail polish she'd brought with her. Her nails were naturally healthy and decently long, she'd like to get them done if she had the time, but she didn't.

People barely spared her any glances as she sat in the corner of the room and painted her nails, this was one of her favorite parts about interviews. Nobody backstage really paid attention to her at times, they were used to dealing with people like her. They spoke to a different celebrity every week, why would they treat her any differently?

She was blowing her second coat of polish dry when she was finally called on the stage, people nodding her over and pointing in the direction she was supposed to go.