Part 37

"You can go...I'll stay" I heard Shuri whispering as my eyes slowly opened.

"Are you sure?" Sarah asked coming a little closer to us as Shuri nodded her head.

My body was fully turned against hers, her arms wrapping me close to her, and her chin rested on my head. There was no light in the living room, except the small yellow lamp next to the couch, I had fallen asleep. I took a deep breath letting her perfume invade my nose, still not opening my eyes. I felt her legs wrapped around mine, holding me so I would not fall down to the floor and her hands gently resting on the back of my spine.

"I'll be back tomorrow" Sarah said "I'll see you later".

I felt Shuri laying down her head again as the door closed, pulling me even closer to her.

"I know you're awake" she whispered making me open my eyes.

"How?" I said against her chest not looking up.

"I just do..." I felt her chest move a little as she took a deep breath.

"He died" I finally spoke lifting my head and looking at her feeling my lower lip trembling.

"I'm sorry" she mumbled against my forehead placing a kiss on it.

I closed my eyes feeling the tears burning in my eyes, as that now so familiar sense of emptiness took hold of my body making me tremble a little against her body. Knowing there was nothing else I could do, I wouldn't see him anymore.

"You know the shittest part?" I gasped trying to control my voice "If he was here watching this he would laugh at me and tell me I was just being dramatic" I chuckled noticing a smile forming on her lips.

"And he would be super excited about us being like this" she smirked at me making me roll up my eyes with a smile on my lips.

"He was the most amazing human being on Earth" I sighed feeling her nod her head as I took another deep breath.

"I have a question for you" Shuri whispered making me look up at her.

"What now?" I tried to hold back a smile.

"I thought Sarah hated me" she smirked making me chuckle.

"Oh she does" I pressed my lips together as she let a laugh out her lips "She hates your guts so much"

"She was really nice to me" she shrugged her shoulders with a cocky smile on her lips "Maybe she doesn't"

"She does..." I repeated myself "She just wasn't in the mood of picking up a fight with you.

"And why not?" she tilted her head staring into my eyes.

"Because...I'm a mess right now..." I sighed using my hand to wipe off my face feeling her legs holding mine a little tighter.

"And what does that have to do with me?" she raised an eyebrow making me laugh.

"Shut up..." I laughed lifting my arm and pulling her closer to me again by her back.

She was so warm, everything in her made me so comfortable, that for a couple of seconds, I could forget everything bad that had happened. There was nothing around us. Her sweatshirt was stained with my tears, but she didn't care. 

"Are you staying the night?" I whispered against the white fabric.

"I still have a hotel room" she mumbled to the top of my head "Do you want me to stay?" 

There was a time when I would be trying to figure out a way to say it, without sounding too needy or give her the choice. But this time she was the only one who I wanted to be with. The only sense of family.

"Yes" I quickly whispered feeling her smile.

"Then, I'll stay." her voice was light "I'll stay for as long as you want me. And even when you stop wanting me, I'll keep waiting.