Part 15

I looked down, grabbing my jeans and feeling her leaning back on a desk staring at me making me quickly glance at her.

"What?" I chuckled starting to dress them again.

"Nothing" she smirked at me shaking her head "This used to be different...You weren't in such a hurry to get dressed"

"Well..." I sighed buttoning up and running a hand over my hair "We never did this in my lab... And I don't like the idea of someone seeing me naked" I smiled shrugging my shoulders.

"Don't worry about that" she tilted her head "No one can see anything... I've installed new things around here you know..."

I stared at her a little confused looking around trying to notice anything new, but everything was in the exact place since I had left. She throw a quick glance at her wrist as I raised an eyebrow remembering.

"The beads..." I mumbled.

She just nodded her head as I slowly walked over to her feeling a little more relieved. She had a sweet smile on her lips, her hands shoved in her pockets, and her body fully relaxed against the desk, making my body loosen up. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" she whispered as I sat down on the chair in front of her.

I let out a sigh, resting my chin on my hand and slowly shaking my head.

"Not right now" I mumbled looking up at her. I knew I should be shaking with anxiety and remorse, but all I could feel was ease. That was the way she had always made me feel. Her eyes were heavy, and she was tired, but the angry part of her was no longer showing. I smiled at her, feeling her hand gently skimming against mine making my stomach twirl a little.

"I was wondering..." she smirked at me.

"Shuri...I swear to God if you ruin this up with some joke I will slap you across the face" I said trying to hold back a smile making her laugh.

"Chill" she patted my hand with hers "I was just wondering if you would like to go grab a coffee" she shrugged her shoulders looking into my eyes "I think we both need some...caffeine" she smirked biting her lower lip.

"Coffee it's such a good idea" I sighed getting up and running my hands over my clothes trying to straighten them up before I felt her hand gently grabbing my arm and pulling me over to her again placing a gentle kiss on my lips.

I sighed feeling her lips again, this time without any anger on them, simply caressing mine, her left hand resting on my waist as I wrapped my arms around her neck letting myself get caught up in her. I slowly pulled away opening my eyes and letting a smile form on my lips at her image. 

"Coffee?" I whispered as she just nodded.

"Does it still hurt?" I asked pointing at her stomach.

"Nah" she shook her head "These things usually heal fast"

"Because of the herb?" I asked taking a sip of my coffee as she nodded.

The sun was slightly hitting her face making her eyes a little lighter than they were and her skin even smoother than I remembered. We were sitting outside, I smiled to myself remembering the day Shuri had taken me and Riri to try some typical foods when everything was new and easier.

"So... this James" she tilted her head staring at me.

"I told you I didn't want to talk about it" I pressed my lips together.

"Yeah I know..." she shrugged her shoulders "But since when did we agree on anything?" she smirked at me making me roll up my eyes.

"At least you know that" I said looking up at her again making her chuckle.

"So...James?" she insisted making me sigh.

"What about James?" I said trying to control my chest from moving too fast as I felt a lump growing in my throat.

"Y/N... c'mon" she said leaning forward.

"Well...James is back home...And as soon as I finish this research I'm going back.." I mumbled feeling the guilt building up in me.

"You're going back..." she whispered searching my eyes "So...Are you gonna tell him?"

I kept quiet as the images of him started to invade my mind, his face and his smile were the safest place for the last two years, and I knew he would never hurt me in a million years, but the thought of me being the one hurting him made me feel sick to my stomach, making me put down the coffee. I couldn't do that to him. I looked up at her once again slowly shaking my head.

"You're not" she said firmly as her eyes rested on her cup.

"Shuri c'mon...It was a one-time thing...It's not like I'm coming back here, and let everything I've built the last couple of years behind..." I said "I can't do that"

She kept quiet, her fingers digging into her cup of coffee as her teeth chew the inside of her cheek.

"I mean...If that's what you want" she shrugged her shoulders looking back at me.

"Shuri... c'mon" I said feeling my chest getting a little tighter looking at her. "It was never supposed to happen... I wan..." My voice was starting to tremble, as I heard my phone ringing in my pocket quickly taking it out and reading the name on it.

"Go ahead.." she pressed her lips together "I'm sure he misses you...And I'm sure you miss him too" she spat.

I swallow deeply feeling my eyes getting a little foggy slowly answering the call and placing the phone on my hear.

"Hi" I said trying to control my voice.

"Y/N" his voice was calm, making me feel even guiltier "You should come back home" he said.

"I'm not done yet James" I whispered looking up at Shuri who was staring at me and trying to analyze me. 

"It's your dad..." he sighed "I'm at the hospital with him".

I didn't hear anything else. My heart dropped down to my stomach, as I felt my throat closing up not letting me speak at all. My body started to tremble, as Shuri quickly realized and took my phone.

"Hello" she quickly said "What is going on?"

I kept my eyes on the floor, feeling my body freezing as the words James had said floated in my mind. Shuri kept quiet for a couple of seconds while James explained her everything, her eyes staring at the table, checking on me every now and then as I tried to come back to myself.

"Okay, thank you" I heard her whisper putting down the phone and quickly getting up "Let's go" she said.

"Wha" I mumbled looking up.

"Let's go. Now" she repeated again grabbing my hand and pulling me "We're going home".