Part 31

I let my body break as we got into her car, feeling my legs shaking and the air getting heavier in my lungs as the tears kept rolling down my cheeks.

"Hey.." she whispered resting her hand on my leg "C'mon..."

I turned my head over to the window, trying to calm down, but it simply wouldn't stop.

"It's okay... he's gone" she said once again letting a sigh out of her lips.

"It's not him!" I finally managed to speak "He's fucking right!" Shuri frowned her eyebrows at me with a confused expression in her eyes as I took a deep breath finally looking back at her. "All the things he said...he's right Shuri...I'm a liar, and a really bad person...Look what I've done in the last couple of days..." I squeezed my eyes feeling my chest burning " I've fucked up a 2 years relationship, that was really nice..." I said letting the tears come back.

Shuri kept quiet, her teeth digging into her lower lip as her eyes wandered around my face "I'm sorry" she finally mumbled making me stare at her.

"You don't have to apologize..." I shook my head.

"Of course I do... All the things that happened... You didn't do them alone..." she pressed her lips together tilting her head a little. 

"But I was the one in a relationship..." I shrugged my shoulders "You didn't owe anything to anyone".

"I did to you..." her voice became more of a whisper as I felt the tears finally stopping, taking a deep breath "Wanna go home?"

"What about my car?" I asked using my hands to wipe my face.

"I'll have someone to come to pick it up" she said smiling while turning the car on.

I kept quiet, resting my head on my seat as she turned on some music. Shuri drove as slowly as possible, as my eyes followed every small detail outside the window, the trees were dry, letting the leaves fall with the gentle breeze around them, people were walking their dogs as the sun sneaked over some clouds in the sky. 

I felt my eyes slowly shutting down, only stopping when a familiar melody echoed in my mind.

"My castle crumbled over night

I brought a knife to a gun fight

They took the crown but it's alright"

I glanced over at her, who had her eyes focused on the road, without saying a word. I traced over the radio screen, trying to understand where the music was coming from, noticing it was connected to her beads as I felt my chest pacing a little.

"You saved this song" I mumbled glancing over at her.

Her eyes wandered around the screen before meeting mine again, as she let a smile form on her lips.

"I told you...I liked this song..." she said looking back at the road ahead of her.

"A Taylor Swift song..." I hold back a chuckle.

"We've been through this Y/N" she smirked at me "It's a song! Doesn't mean I like Taylor Swift..." she rolled back her eyes "Plus...You know why I liked it..."

"And you kept it..." I whispered slightly turning my body to her.

"Well..." she sighed "I've kept everything that you gave me..." she said using the exact same words I had used before when asked about the guitar.

I felt a smile form on my lips as my eyes wandered around her face feeling my body finally relaxing a little just by looking at her. She was peaceful, her eyes showed nothing but quiet, and the pink on her lips made me feel at ease. 

I felt a smirk form on my lips, as she started quietly singing the words to the song, never taking her eyes off the road.

"And I know I make the same mistakes, every time, bridges burn, I never learn, at least I did one thing right" she kept going as I rested my head on my hand against the seat before her eyes met mine.

"You're singing it" I teased her with a smirk.

"It's a good song!" she said raising both of her eyebrows trying to justify herself making me laugh a little.

"I'm exhausted..." I sighed placing my jacket on the hanger while she walked over to the kitchen grabbing a glass of water.

"Go take a shower...And if you want to we can stay in watching movies all day" she smiled at me.

I kept my eyes on her feeling my body trembling a little. This was bad, she was starting to become something familiar again, and I couldn't handle it. Shuri wasn't even supposed to be here. 

"I can bring your dad downstairs, so he won't be all alone closed in that room" she said walking over to me.

I kept my eyes on her, melting a little at her smile, while she placed a piece of my hair behind my ear making me close my eyes at her touch.

"You're not a bad person" she whispered making me look up at her "You're just a little fucked up" she chuckled making me frown my eyebrows at her "But that's fine!!! We all are"

"Well... We both know the reason for me to be fucked up" I said trying to copy her voice.

"You did what you had to do..." she said again placing a gentle kiss on my head.

"When are you leaving?" I finally asked feeling my heart race against my chest. 

"I don't know" she peacefully shrugged her shoulders "It doesn't matter"

"It kinda does...You have a whole country to.." 

"I'm gonna stay with you until all of this is better" she interrupted me making me stay still and quiet focusing on her lips as the words came out "I'm not leaving honey...Deal with it" she chuckled taking a step back and turning her back to me starting to go up the stairs "Go take that bath please"