I never have that level of comfort with anyone it's significant that they know me completely. I don't have fear that they'll abandon me or make fun of me, at least not maliciously. With other people I'm constantly on guard, just waiting for them to let me down then leave me alone.

A blaring horn shatters my thoughts and I jam on my breaks to avoid hitting the person in front of me. They got cut off and slammed their breaks forcing me to slam on mine. Got to love LA traffic I guess.

~*~

Falling back on the black couch I had delivered this morning I huff out a breath. Shopping was exhausting but at least my wardrobe for work is covered. Since it starts in two days I got my nails and toes done and bought my first pair of Louboutin heels. I hit the mall burning up my credit card at too many stores to count. The only thing that's missing from my valley girl experience is Starbucks.

Looking around the living room I approve of the décor. The designers from the furniture store did a great job arranging everything. I was unsure about having two different colored couches but it works. The black of one and white of the other go perfectly with the black and white pattern of the rug under the black coffee table. I notice the other little knickknacks that must've been thrown in for free like the photos of flowers on the wall behind the black couch.

Rich red hued wood caresses my feet as I walk across the room to the dining area to get to the kitchen. Admiring the white cabinets and exposed brick of the walls from my spot in the dining area, I smile at how the striped seat covers on the dining chairs create the perfect marriage between the open spaces. A sprinkle of green from plants and other assortments add a pop of color to each of the areas and further ties them together. The only thing I had them touch in the extra bedroom was my new treadmill, it needed to be put together and the designer was gracious enough to make it happen. As wary as I was to have someone decorating my home for me I'm glad I did it.

Walking across towards my bedroom I hope the fabulous designing continues. I'm not disappointed as the door opens to something straight off of Pinterest. The walls are a medium grey that matches the color of the sofa at the foot of my dark wood queen sized bed. Cream, green, and blue appear around the room in various spots leading my eyes to enjoy the pop of color in the otherwise neutral room. It's not the flashiest room you've ever seen but it's the first time I have a space that looks as mature as my age alludes I should be. I was initially upset to get rid of my Spiderman memorabilia but now I'm happy that I did.

Running across the room I spin in the air before landing on my back against the Serta mattress. I sink down just enough for it to be comfortable and in seconds I'm asleep.

~*~

Waking up later than I intended I roll out of bed and trudge to the bathroom. After fiddling with the water temperature for entirely too long for how cold it is in the house I finally get in the shower. I take mental note to buy a shower head with a detachable hand shower. Living with my parents spoiled me. It's so much harder to bathe when the shower head is stationary. I have to move around in the tight space and bend in awkward positions but I get it done grumbling as I go.

Finishing up my shower quickly I get dressed in comfortable cotton panties and a bra and head to the kitchen. I picked up the bare minimum on my way home from the airport so after the last few days I'm down to enough milk for a bowl of cereal and a mouthful of orange juice. Grabbing both liquids from the fridge I tip toe over the freezing cold tan tile to the cabinet for the cereal, a bowl, and a spoon. I fix my bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and almond milk with a side of orange juice as quickly as possible. The faster I move the faster I can get into bed and maybe even write a little.

Snuggling into the covers I start a tutorial on YouTube. I have very little interest in learning how to tie a tie but the silence in here is killing me. It still feels weird to live alone. I definitely thought I would enjoy it more. I mean it's nice to be able to walk around half naked all of the time without worrying about anything but I miss my family. To go from living with a house full of people to being alone is a huge transition.