the runaway

Kai P.O.V

"hey Kai? did you hear of the haunted house that is in the forest? its pretty close to where you live" Chen asked.

i shook my head "No I have never heard of it".

he leaned in closer to me "really? i thought you would it is only like 20 minutes at the most from your house" he said excitement in his voice.

"what's the story then" i asked one of my eyebrows rising in curiosity.

"there is a rumour that's there is a family living there. that they were mascaraed in their sleep and their soles forever live there and to this day they wait for the one who will set them free" Chen said his eyes sparkling.

"what do you mean by set them free?" I asked.

"that's the part that becomes a mystery as every person who claims they can set them free never return once they have gone in and everyone is far too afraid to explore it" he looked at me "but there's another rumour" he smiled.

"what's that?" I asked an eyebrow raising in curiosity.

"well you know that there was that group of kids who disappeared about 40 years ago supposedly they are living there but to survive they became cannibals and would kill anyone who would venture near their home" he said.

"well I don't know about you guys but that sounds like an utter lie" Suho said and slapped Chen around the head.

Chen pouted "just repeating what I hear".

"well don't say that to the person who lives so close" Suho scolded.

"sorry" he said and then got up and grabbed his bag "we going now?" he asked.

"yeah lets go see you later Kai" Suho smiled waving a goodbye

"yeah bye..." I said staring down at my desk a shiver running down my spine I grabbed my bag and quickly walked home.

walking home was the single terrifying thing of my life like when a child fears the space underneath their bed I feared the world around me. quickly pushing myself into my home I closed it and the smell of food filled my senses. I followed it in a trance my stomach communicating its thoughts to me and then I see my father eating a bowl of noodles the sauce around his lips and his hands bleeding.

"hey dad" i said my voice unchanging as the sight was nothing new.

"hey come have some noodles" he said pushing a bowl towards me.

i sat down next to him and started to devour the noodles. my stomach grateful for the food. "so dad how much you drunk today?" I asked.

"none of your god damn business" he spat through a mouthful of food.

"just asking" I replied and tried to finish off the noodles as quickly as possible.

he tossed the bowl to the floor; luckily empty. he looked at me his eyes looking at me the alcohol causing them to struggle to stay on me.

I pushed the last mouth full in and I chewed and then I swallowed quickly and his slap connected with my face and I grind my teeth with frustration.

"you why do you have to look like her! why are you here? go! leave!" he said pushing me over.

standing up and walking up the stair he pulled me back by my collar and I fell to the ground the air pulled from my lungs unable to do nothing but to look up and blink. he pulled me from the ground and pushed me out of the house and grabbing my shoes throwing them and I grabbed them and I ran.