𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

Start from the beginning

"I woke up with this pain I never felt before. I didn't know what to do, so I changed my pajamas" Carolyn confessed.

"Okay. We're gonna get you to Chicago med just so they can run a couple of tests. Make sure you're okay. I'm gonna be with you every step of the way, alright?" Maxine says, putting her hand on the young girl's shoulder.

🪩🪩🪩

"The rape kit will give us more imformation, but there are clear signs of vaginal tearing and abrasion" Penelope explains to Maxine and Jay as they wait outside carolyns hospital room.

"What about the gas they used?" Jay asks.

"Tests show high levels of nitrous oxide in the family's bloodstream"

"Laughing gas"

"Same thing dentists and doctors use during surgery. Puts people to sleep, or in your case, keep sleeping people sleeping"

"Noz has gotten huge on the rave scene and in clubs. Kids inhaling it to get high. Might be where this came from" Max explains, then they turn around to see a nurse coming out of Carolyn's room, "give me a sec?" Then she walks into her room, "hey"

"Did the doctor say I can shower yet?" Carolyn asks.

"I can't imagine how hard this is. But we need you to hold on just a little bit longer. Carolyn, I just wanna make sure you know that none of this is your fault, okay?" Maxine says and Carolyn nods her head, "you guys have a brave little girl here"

"Yes, we do" Mrs Clifford says, tears in her eyes.

"We're going to get through this as a family" Mr Clifford says. Maxine nods her head and says, "I'll check in on you later, okay?" then she leaves the room to see Jay leaning against the nurses station.

"How is she?"

"Scared. And she has every right to be" Max says, then takes out her buzzing phone to see a text from Lindsay, "It's Erin. Says she might have a lead and she's gonna chase it down"

🪩🪩🪩

"Fourteen. Same age as my daughter" Antonio says, taping a picture of Carolyn onto the board.

"Alright, so where we at, Ruzek?" Hank asks, leaning against Erin's desk.

"Three males. Tech lab is triangulating height and weight based on objects in the residence" Adam says.

"As of right now, we have no matches of known offenders, even with the urine sample they so kindly left behind, so DNA test is in rush order" Jay explains, sitting on the edge of his partners desk.

"I checked the NCIC, leads, CRIS system, there's no local crews with that MO" Atwater says.

"Anything from the neighbors?" Voight asks. Antonio shakes his head and says. "Detectives knocked on every door. Nobody saw anything. Still got some in service calls to go through. Might be something there"

"I got word out to a bunch of pawn shops, some fences, just in case any of the Cliffords stuff shows up" Adam says.

"Start tracking anything with a serial number. And I wanna know if they cased this place beforehand. Mouse" Hank says.