𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

Start from the beginning

Honey sighs, "he's not doing good right now"

Maxine puts her arm around her, "he's gonna make it. He's a tough as they come"

~~~

"Sorry to ask you this, but Dr. Charles, he's on a thing about that attempted suicide. He's not buying it" Will says.

"What's not to buy? You heard the report. There's no signs of foul play" Jay says.

"I know. But could you just take one more look? Turn over a few rocks"

"Oh, come on"

"Alright, how about a pound of smoked trout from Calumet?"

"Alright, two and you got a deal" Jay says, giving his brother a hand shake.

"My man"

"Shut up"

"You're my hero"

~~~

Jay and Maxine walk back into Med and over to Will who was at the nurses station and says, "Max and I turned over some rocks on the Jessica Pope case like you asked me to"

"And?"

"I had the documents lab restore some papers from her place. And they found this?" Jay says, handing Will an envelope. Will reads it over then says, "Thank you"

Will then walks away to find Dr Charles over on the other end of the nurses station. "Dr. Charles" Will says, handing him the note. Dr. Charles looks at it and says, "suicide note"

"Yeah, but it wasn't because she was sick"

"'My fault because I trusted him. I'm a fool. I can't live with this betrayal'"

"Maybe a lover?"

"Is this the whole thing?"

"That's all they could restore"

Dr Severide walks past the two and asks, "what's going on?"

"Jessica Pope. Suicide after all" Dr Charles says.

"Really? Because I just got back some very weird test results. They confirm she's dying from an overdose of chemo"

"What's weird about that?" Will asks.

"The results also show that she never had cancer"

🪩🪩🪩

Maxine walks down the stairs to the lobby and looks at Platt, who points to the office. Max looks into the room to see a brunette woman sitting on the edge of the windowsill and raises an eyebrow, never seeing this woman before.

Maxine walks into the room and says, "Can I help you?"

"Maxine Bishop?"

"Yeah"

"I'm Michelle Connors. Mavericks wife"