Chapter 6: Off-work Time

The next day, the butler knocked on the door to wake the lady up. However, instead of the lady, Yuri woke up from his slumber. The memories from the day before came crashing down on him and he remembered everything. He covered his face with his hand in embarrassment and turned his attention back to the woman beside him. He watched her for a long time, three years have passed, but he still perfectly remembered the hair length she likes to keep her hair, the coffee she tends to drink at the headquarters and the way she organises her report every day. He knows how she always keeps a straight face, except for when she talks about the people that are close to her. Especially new younger brother. He loves the way she tends to scrunch her nose in distaste when she drinks sweet coffee that the higher ups sometimes treat her with, since they have no idea that she likes plain black coffee without sugar and milk. He knows how she always keeps a straight face on during work and that whenever she is off duty, she tends to fasten her pace a little to get out of the headquarters as fast as she can, without seeming disrespectful. He noticed all of those little details throughout these 3 years. He genuinely liked her and all of her quirks.

After two more knocks, the woman woke up and shouted that she was up, when in actuality she wasn't. She went back to sleep once again.

Yuri admired her beauty for a little bit. Long white hair, similar to the long white lashes of hers. Her figure wasn't small, but wasn't too big either. Her muscles werent prominent, but when he was touching her the night before, he could feel the years of training ingrained in her body.

Her skin was soft and had some scars here and there. They looked like knife scars to Yuri. He had some of his own, so he was able to recognise them easily. The man also noticed some bullet scars on her side. Most of her scars were on her back though. Somewhat around 10 small scars that poorly healed over time.

He suddenly had an urge to caress those scars, to soothe the pain she has felt over the years. His hands wondered all over the scars, tracing along them cautiously, scared of hurting her. The uneven skin looked like an art piece to him right then and there. That woke the girl up right away, but she stayed quiet until his hand justbstarted to rest on her bare back, lightly hugging her.

"Morning Yuri-san." She greeted him and flipped on her back, exposing her chest, which instantly made Yuri blush and pull his hand away, looking in the opposite dorection of her. "No, don't go all shy on me now." She pouted, which made Yuri shocked. He has never seem her with such an expression on her face.

"I am not... it's just..." He couldn't utter a word, so he just wrapped her in a blanket like a burrito at a speed of light. The woman was surprised at the sudden gesture, but laughed wholeheartedly. She hasn't done so inna long while, she finally felt at peace. Her mind was constantly plagued with many thoughts, but for some reason Yuri's presence just alleviated everything.

"I'm usually not this irresponsible, but we've both had a spotless record for years... Wanna break it with me today? What do you think?" She asked mischievously. Aria wasn't in the mood for work, so she just wanted to stay home for a little while. There was no response from him, as he was deep in thought, a little scared to not be promoted soon. So the woman pressed on, wiggling her eyebrows. "They say that you have to have a cheat meal during a diet, or you'll go crazy." She rolled closer to him, her face in his chest, comfortably resting in her burrito, with Yuri's hand as her pillow.

"Well call me a psychopath, cause I think I'm crazy for you." He came closer to her and whispered in her ear.

"Getting bolder now, huh? I don't hate it though, Yuri-san." She smirked and flipped them both to be on top. "Actually, it kind of turns me on... get me out of these blankets..." Aria looked at her body wrapped completely in covers. Instead of complying, Yuri just hugged her with his arms and legs, as she tried wriggling free. After about 5 minutes, she finally gave up and mumbled something about him ruining the mood.

The particular phone kept ringing over and over for some time now. It was getting annoying to the girl, so in sheer anger, the woman shouted at the person who was calling her relentlessly.

"What do you need? Can't it wait until tomorrow?"

"It's about the mission. If you came in like promised it wouldn't have failed!" Lieutenant accused over the phone with his tone slightly higher than usual.

"I arranged everything properly. It's your fault for making me take on the job along with those two! Why do I have to clean after their shit! I did my part flawlessly! Are they that useless that they have to have a mommy on a standby at all times?! Lieutenant, I told you that I should've went on this mission alone, but you insisted... now whose fault is that?!" Aria said and declined the call abruptly, throwing it in the drawer next to her bed, it was more of a tantrum ratyer than a civilised call. On a normal workplace, there would have been consequences, but she held a high position and had a deep connection to the Lieutenant, so she could throw a tantrum once or twice.

"What happened Ri-chan?" Yuri said behind her back, burying his face in her neck.

"Mission seems to have failed... those useless girls. I should've just finished them off all of by myself." Aria said and leaned her head back onto his shoulder, buring it along with her anger.

"It's midday. Should we go to work? They seem to have problems." Yuri asked cautiously.

"And also, before you forget, please take the contraceptives before my anxiety kills me." The boy uttered tiredly, getting up from the bed.

"Good idea. Let's go and eat some lunch or something too." Aria said and stood up, but her legs gave out and she tumbled on her knees. Panicking Yuri flinched and went to help the woman to her feet. He checked every inch of her to see if she was hurt anywhere.

"I guess we went a little hard yesterday." Aria chuckled humorously. Her laugh was contagious to Yuri, as he laughed along with her very soon, gently holding her up.

The rest of their day went by pretty quickly, the Lieutenant seemed to have left her alone for some time. Yuri stuck close to her, helping her with her paperwork and taking on multiple investigations and interrogations afterwards.