Galdraormur.

The sensation dissipates as quickly as it came, and you simply remain frozen in place, eyes widened to an almost painful degree.

"Take a look." He whispers, gesturing toward your vanity mirror.

When you step to the mirror, you find that he's used his magic to add an absolutely gorgeous lace collar to the neckline of your dress. It is intricate and beautiful, blending in with the style of the garment so well that it appears as though the dress was designed with it originally. Most importantly, it covers up the three little marks on your neck.

"Oh." You look to the prince, at a loss for words- a state you seem to be finding yourself in surprisingly often lately. "Thank you." You smile.

"It is quite literally the least I could do, my lady." He nods his head.

"Now, that's not true at all." You smirk, a strange wave of confidence flowing through you. "Why did you come to my door this morning, my prince?"

"Please, just Loki is fine." He takes a step closer to you. "I came this morning, to bring you this." He offers you the large golden rose.

"You certainly know the way to this botanist's heart." You beam. "I've never seen a variation like this before. It's gorgeous." You spin the flower around between your fingers to examine it. "And what of the letter?" You raise a single, questioning brow.

"The letter... I think I'd like to hold on to." He searches your gaze.

"Very well then, I'll be- "

"Lady Gersemi-" He cuts you off. "I would very much enjoy accompanying you to the library this afternoon if you would permit me to do so."

———————-

You have absolutely no idea why you agreed to go to the library with Loki, but since you did, you're determined to keep the upper hand with him today.

"What were you reading yesterday?"

"Hm?" He turns to look at you, seemingly taken off guard by you breaking the silence.

"In the library yesterday, I saw you with a stack of books. You know- before I knocked the shelf over." You feel your cheeks grow warm at the very recent embarrassing memory.

"They were books on the history of Jotunheim." He tips his head to the side, a single laugh escaping him. "I'm not sure why I just told you that."

Is he feeling the same unusual sense of comfort with me as I am with him? Perhaps it's not a spell!

"Why were you studying their history?"

"I- heh." He shakes his head as if he is already in disbelief regarding what he is about to say to you. "I recently discovered that I was actually adopted. My true parentage is not of Asgard."

Oh. OH.

You respond casually, not wanting to hurt his feelings by being thrown off by the knowledge that the young Prince of Asgard is actually a frost giant. "Do you have a desire to find your biological parents?"

"They're dead." He turns his face from yours, quickening his pace to the library doors.

With that, you realize he is done discussing that particular subject.

The two of you enter the library, and you casually stroll over to the 'Horticulture' section. You've read practically every book in that section already, but you're suddenly way too self-conscious to pick out your next fantasy or romance novel in the presence of the prince.