Chapter Twenty-Three

The morning sun had broke into the room via a crack in the curtains. It faded in and out as clouds passed by, a rainy day surely to come. Yoru woke first, his arms still clutching Samrin to his chest. He woke feeling well rested, satisfied and excited.

   The night before had been beyond anything he had dreamed of. Throughout all his years of working in taverns and having quick flings in the alley ways with sweaty older elves, he had never truly thought himself capable of having a relationship with an elf.

   Not that he was in a relationship, not yet. They had shared a night together chasing pleasure, he could not allow himself to run with such a childish notion. He had to rein himself in. He took a few long and slow breaths into Samrin’s hair, the earthy smell of travel and musk causing Yoru to want to hold him tighter.

“Good morning” Samrin muttered, his eyes still closed. He gripped Yoru’s arms and squeezed, a small smile playing on his lips.

   Yoru didn't want to move, he wanted to stay like this all day. But he knew the others would come barging in at any moment and so he reluctantly let the other man go.

   Samrin sat up before yanking the covers over his lower body, a blush that Yoru was becoming endeared to, scattered around his cheeks and neck. Yoru leaned over the bed and pulled up the trousers that had been discarded sometime in the night and handed a pair to Samrin.

   The elf stood up and began to dress, not looking at Yoru. He wrapped his robe around his body and finally looked up to find himself being studied.

“We should…uhm not mention this to the others” he muttered. Yoru’s heart fell to the floor in an instant, his face must have showed this as Samrin placed his hands in front of him.

“Oh no..no not that I don’t want to do it again…I just mean I want to keep it between us. Whatever it is…or may become, I would rather not hear Cais opinion on it. I want to keep it pure. Untouched by judgement…well until maybe after father is released” he sat back down beside Yoru and pulled the other man's hands into his lap.

“I am not ashamed of such feelings, I never have been. After all, when I grow up I’m going to be a Lunarin” he laughed.

“So we will just…not mention anything to anyone. And uhm…we will just..sometimes” Yoru struggled to find the words he wanted to say, his confidence waning.

Samrin pulled him in by the collar of his undershirt, kissing him lightly on the lips.

“And in the stolen moments we find we will sate our thirst” he licked Yoru’s lips and smiled brightly.

“Perhaps when we have finished business in Silona we can talk about this some more?” Yoru asked hopefully, fully aware he was revealing his desperation and finding it hard to care.

“I would love to do so. Now then I must get back to them, Cais wanted to wake early to grab camping supplies for the trek to Silona. I suggest you two do the same, wherever Firs may be” He pecked Yoru on the nose and stood up, quickly clutching his chest.

“ Are you okay? I forgot about it last night. I'm sorry if I was too rough” Yoru shot up and Samrin laughed.

“It aches but the pain is almost all gone. Your company must have cured me” With a wink he sauntered out the room leaving Yoru all a flutter.

He sighed long and hard and stomped his feet as electricity traveled across his body. He was happy. For the first time in his life he was hopeful of a blossoming romance.

“Uh oh he got you goooodddd” a slow drawl from the top bunk caused Yoru to get a  hold of himself. 

Firs unfurled from the mess of sheets and looked down at Yoru who gave him a glare.