Part 5- Searching

He looks so hot over here also, the song starts slow but it's so beautiful.

Look inside my eyes
There's something that you've never seen before
I think I'm getting closer to the answer
Although it's taken long to work it out

I'm searching for a diamond in the sky
Someone free to fly
Baby, we'll get by

"I don't know about this," Kirk said wearily, "In America this is illegal."

Trevor rolled his eyes and continued to work the lock while we all sat in the car, eagerly waiting to have the time of our lives.

 And we couldn't leave Metallica out of the loop on this, so right now we were all crammed up in their shitty car, bantering about who's the greatest heavy metal band.

"It's only illegal if we get caught," Duncan slurred philosophically as we all sang 'amen' in response. Everyone except Kirk and Cliff, but Cliff was stoned out of his mind, and I doubt he could care less. Kirk on the other hand was having an anxiety attack.

"Move over man," Lars said, opening the car door with beer in his hand.

I looked to the side, 5 of us were already crammed into the backseat, which meant...

"Go sit on Kirk's lap," He said impatiently.

I opened my mouth to argue, but I fell silent. Shit.

I settled into Kirk's lap, feeling a flutter of nerves and excitement. His arms wrapped around my waist, holding me close. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, savoring the moment. I could feel his breath on my neck, and the warmth of his body against mine. 

I was engulfed in a sense of peace and comfort. I rested my head against Kirk's shoulder, feeling his arms gently cradling me. I could feel the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed slowly and steadily. 

His body was warm and solid against mine, and I felt safe and secure. I knew that I was in good hands and that I could relax and let go. For the first time in a long time, I felt completely at ease.

"Alright!" James cheered, as Trevor opened the gate, running inside.

My heart dropped as Kirk's grip loosened, but the flame was kindled when I felt his lips press against my head. It was so soft, like a whisper of the wind instead of the kiss of a man. 

I clambered off his lap, dusting myself as I wandered inside. It was dark and cold, but I could still make out the outlines of the rink, and the design on the roof. It was grand and massive, and it sent a rush up my spine.

"Excited?" 

My bones nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt Kirk's hands on my shoulder. I felt his palm against mine and a jolt of electricity ran through my body as our fingers intertwined. I had never felt anything like it before. His touch was firm, not forceful, and I could feel his warmth radiating through my hand. 

I shied away as I felt a smile spreading across my face but I didn't dare break the bond. His hand was warm and strong, and it felt so so right holding it. 

"Hey, lovebirds," James said, as I immediately let him go, "You two go get shoes for us from the back."

I furrowed my brows as Kirk shrugged and shoved his hands in his pocket. As I watched Kirk walk away from me, I couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt. His shoulders were tense, and his steps slow and deliberate. 

I immediately tailed behind him, but he merely ignored my presence.

I had pulled my hand away from his, and I knew that he must have felt rejected. I didn't mean to hurt him, but I couldn't bring myself to apologize. I just kept walking, not wanting to face the awkwardness that was sure to come.