26. The End is Near

Comincia dall'inizio

Tony cursed under his breathe," I wish you didn't. Okay. Capsicle, I'm truly, really, sincerely, sorry. You're more than that. You worth more than that. We shouldn't be talking in front of the kids, but I think they needs to know. You were right for some extent though. I was just full of myself. But you made me realise that every one of us is a soldier. Who stands for others, doesn't matter what the cost would be. Thanks. "

He looked around the table and as soon as his eyes met with Bucky's, he lowered his head. Tony smiled at him," Hey Buck", others looked at him surprisingly. Bucky was shocked. " You don't need to lower your head in shame before me. I've been telling you from years. You were ... innocent. Someone told me forgiving a person is the biggest present we can get for them. " Saying this he held his wife's hand with a smile. " Besides, I can't be mad at you when my Bryan likes your Merry. "

Bryan whined at his father," Dad, we've talked about it!! "

Tony raised his hands in surrender," Oops , I spilled his secret. "

Wanda noticed Merry's reaction," And by the looks of it, I think it's going both ways. " The kids started to sing 'oooo' when they noticed both Bryan and Merry are blushing.

Jane smiled before joining the conversation," What about your results, seniors?"

Jessica smiled at everyone," Morgan tops our class, with 98%. James is second, with 97%. "

Nate announced with a clap," And Jess is at fourth, with 96%. "

Lila raised her eyebrows at him," And yours ?"

He stuttered for answer," Well, I'm in top ten. "

Jessica narrowed her eyes at him," Lier. You're at eleventh. "

Lila huffed with a laugh. Nate glared at his sister," Didn't you get invitation of Peter and MJ's wedding? You've a crush on him right?" And smirked at her.

Lila smirked back at him," I'll attend with my boyfriend. "

Nate widened his eyes," You..you have a boyfriend in London? Why didn't you tell me before?"

Cooper rolled his eyes," I know this but she hasn't let me meet him. "

Lila rolled her eyes," You both are not my dad, so I didn't think it's important. " Everyone laughed around them while Nate and Cooper huffed angrily.

Natasha interrupted their endless argument," Okay okay enough. Kids, go inside. We'll talk something important."

They got up from their seats and walked inside. Then Steve explained the situation. That it's probably the last couple of days of their life. Others sat there stunned because they had no idea about it. Clint broke the silence," How come you haven't told us about it? What kinda trade is this?"

Natasha smiled at him ," Well, nothing comes without price. So we decided to pay it in exchange of living our life happily. Even if it was thirteen years, it doesn't feel like that long. Perks of being human. We would never be satisfied. We can't get enough of each other and our kids. But we can't help it. "

Steve chuckled a little," Knowing about your death beforehand is terrifying, but it's comforting in a way at the same time. We have no regret. We aren't sure what's gonna happen next moment so , thought it's better if we say goodbye. "

Yelena started to tear up," It's so cruel you know. At least this time I thought we'll live our lifetime completly, but you're going away again. So soon. "

Natasha held her hand," Moments are important, not the duration. It's okay. I'm happy, sestra. "

Bucky looked at Steve in glossy eyes," It feels like you're taking revenge, punk. For leaving you alone back in New York when I had gone to Germany first. "

Steve nodded at him," Yeah, finally I got the chance." He became quiet then looked at everyone," Just look after James and Sarah for a bit. That's all we want. "

Wanda nodded at him. " They're my kids. We'll look after them forever. "

Thor nodded at him too," It would be an honor to serve your command , Captain. I'll run through the whole universe to protect them. " Jane approved with a smile.

Clint nodded at them," As long as were alive, they're our kids. Don't worry." Laura smiled at Natasha and nodded at her reassuringly.

Sam nodded in support," That would be my mission. To take care of them. Our priority. " Maria agreed with a nod.

Tony shrugged his shoulders," I can't promise much. We're old enough to join you both soon anyway. " Pepper shighed beside him shaking her head. " Yeah yeah. It's on us. Rogers' and Starks are meant to be together, remember?"

Yelena looked at Natasha with a nod," I'll be here. It's time to stop running away. Don't worry, sestra. "

Steve and Natasha looked at each other in tearful eyes. Then she looked around them," Thank you guys, girls. Thank you so much. That's all we needed."

           ----------------------------------------------
It's been ages. 🤗

Next one will be the last chapter.